Recent Aldi purchases

First off: Sorry for the crosspost.

On Thursday morning (after elbowing my way through the bargain hunters) I
purchased a Pure car stereo from Aldi, for the boss's 1989 Telstar. It cost
80 Bucks. It's a bloody rip-snorter. It plays CDs, CD-RWs, MP3 disks, USB
sticks, MMC cards and has external 3.5mm inputs. And RCA outputs. I
purchased an adapter from WES for 8 Bucks and the thing just plugged in and
worked perfectly. I picked one up for a mate, who has an old Audi and he
didn't even need an adapter lead. Brilliant value and highly recommended.

I also picked up a set of concrete hole saws. I haven't tried them, so I
can't make any suggestions, but they look OK.

Lastly, I picked up a Bluetooth adapter, on impulse. I haven't had much joy
with my Bluetooth adapters for my 'phones. They've either broken or are such
a pain to use that I don't bother. This thing is different. For 50 Bucks, it
works better than any other Bluetooth I've used. Build quality appears to be
excellent and it is easy to use. Best of all, at the rare earth magnets
which secure it to the sun visor. Highly recommended.

[Disclaimer] I do not work for Aldi, nor do I profit from them. Some of
their stuff is crap, but I got lucky with these recent purchases.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Recent Aldi purchases

Get back to us in 12 months for an update on that good value.

I bought an USB Bluetooth adapter from China off Ebay for less then $5
including postage and it works very well.
Pleasantly surprised actually.

Re: Recent Aldi purchases

Here is a place in Hong Kong, with similar prices, and the price also
includes shipping. A very big range of gear:
http://www.dealextreme.com/~r.58384759

Beware, they do sell a lot of rubbish also.
Read the reviews before committing.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Recent Aldi purchases

Ohpps, sorry  bodgy URL was forwarded to me, try:
http://www.dealextreme.com

Don McKenzie

Re: Recent Aldi purchases

     The $10 pedometer I bought there the other day is pretty useless.
The only way I could get a step count reading which was halfway accurate
was in my back pocket. Clipped anywhere on my belt as instructed, it
over-reads by up to 100% and that's on minimum sensitivity.
     Delving into it a bit deeper, I find that while the stopwatch has
10ms resolution, the distance counter shows only whole kilometres.
Typical weird Asian design.
     I might just take advantage of their 60 day money back policy...

Bob

Re: Recent Aldi purchases

    Yesterday I bought a pedometer at Aldi for $10. I haven't properly
tried it out yet but it's got an awful lot of functions for the price
and it's got a 2 year warranty.

    While I was there I saw that they're trying to get rid of the USB
2.0 DVD Makers (video + stereo audio encoders) they had on special
months ago, for 30 something bucks each. I already got one when they
were $59 and it works way better than similar devices from WES and DSE I
tried which cost >3x the price.

    My digital calipers I got from Aldi for $20 are still going well,
though the button cell went flat after hardly any use.

    No doubt some of the stuff they flog is rubbish, but so far I've
been lucky.

Re: Recent Aldi purchases
the thumbwheel broke off mine after not much use, and the battery
problem I agree with. :(

Re: Recent Aldi purchases

One of the blokes brought a $10 jug there for our smoko use, 3 months later
it was dead, so I took my 4yo Kenwood one in and brought a new one from
Woolworths, 18months later both are still going.

Re: Recent Aldi purchases

Aldi's universal 8 in1  remotes are good value. I,ve  bought a few and sent
to friends in state, where they don't have Aldi stores.
 There  chainsaws are good value and a direct copy of the Homelight brand,
can't kill the thing, they just keep going, $169 when I bought mine a few
years ago,  Now selling for $129.

bassett

Re: Recent Aldi purchases

**Can't grizzle about that. What brand of chain do they use? My Homelite
came standard with an Oregon chain.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Recent Aldi purchases

80
sticks,
adapter
adapter
can't
with
pain
excellent
it to
their
can't
ago,

probably a supermarket chain

Re: Recent Aldi purchases

     If you cut yourself with it, you'll get a chain sore.

Re: Recent Aldi purchases

Ha - very sharp!

Re: Recent Aldi purchases

Rushes down stairs for a look,  Dunno, looks like a "No Frills" brand,  but
it's due for changing,  My other saw [Stihl]  run a tungsten cutter every
3rd tooth, That way it balances out, and the normal teeth are simply used
for clearing,
Never needs sharpening,
 Years ago I heard of a twin cylinder Homelight, being tested by Forestry
NSW, dunno what happen to it, but the balance was that good there was zero
vibration, it ran a 36 inch bar.

         bassett

Re: Recent Aldi purchases

WANT! Where'd you get a chain like that?

Re: Recent Aldi purchases
snipped-for-privacy@w39g2000prb.googlegroups.com:

Out of the sky!
I have never heard of a chain that never needs sharpening.

Believe nothing you hear, read and half what you see :)
Stil have nothing like that on their web site.

Ron

Re: Recent Aldi purchases

 ****WANT! Where'd you get a chain like that?

Check with your local Saw Doctor, the retail outlets don't sell them, due to
the fact that if they did they would never sell another chain.
A normal chian works out at a  Dollar a cutter, these babies are something
like  4 or 5 dollars a cutter.  Depending on size,  so there not cheap.

Re: Recent Aldi purchases

Very interesting indeed. I cut a lot of firewood and these tungsten
blades sound like a bloody good idea to me... especially for Ironbark,
which takes twice as long as Stringy to cut along the grain (too
big/hard to use only a block splitter on).

Re: Recent Aldi purchases

Ditto:-)

Re: Recent Aldi purchases

they must sell alot of them aswell was at the aldi dc few weeks ago and
there was a b-double unloading a entire load of the chainsaws

Site Timeline