Re: wireless TV repeater

> Yes, I meant GHz not MHz. But the point of my post was to ask if there > is any health risk associated with such transmissions. Now that WiFi > networks are also becoming commonplace one has to wonder. In a microwave > oven the raditaion is confined within it, but with these other devices > it's transmitted throughout the household. >

The microwave oven operates at several hundered times the power level of the wi-fi equipment. this is greater than the difference between a hair dryer and an oxy-acetylene torch,

Jasen Betts

Very true. Also, unless you are in the habit of sticking your WiFi antenna up your arse, you are likely to be of the order of a meter away from the source.

Cellphones are potentially far more dangerous, 'coz you virtually stick 'em in your ear. (The old distance squared law of radiation). But even they have been cleared of any measurable risk by the long-term studies that actually correlated usage with risk. WiFi must be even safer.

Reply to
fritz