Re: What's happening to Jaycarand Harvey Norman?

They may have done you a favour - a friend of mine wanted a spare batt for her JVC video cam that she bought from HN - they quoted her $200!!!

On line ex a Sydney store (not HN) $49 or ex asia $9 (yep, nine dollars - but quality??)

Shopping around pays off

David

snipped-for-privacy@tpg.com.au wrote:

> And another beef: For years I bought all my computer needs from HN at > Balgowlah, and that's quite a few thousand dollars. Then I wanted a spare > battery for my Toshiba laptop that I'd bought there. I received completely > unhelpful and disinterested service from *two* salesmen, and as a result I > no longer buy my computers there. A little assistance with a small item > would have maintained customer loyalty, but no...
Reply to
quietguy

They must have a similar motto to DSE - "buy for a cent, sell for a dollar"!

The battery for my Canon MiniDV is $2 from asia. Capacity seems just as good as the genuine Canon one.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones