Re: Video on Sparkfun Electronics giving away $100K in 1:45 hours.

> Free Day recap of what it was like behind the scenes in the SparkFun > offices on January 7th. > >

> > Cheers Don... > >

Another here who set the alarm to wake up at a ridiculous hour of the morning to be repeatedly met with a message indicating the website could not be contacted. I expected as much though, and to be honest I had trouble finding something I wanted that couldn't just be ordered through work for a legitimate purpose anyway. Good luck to them though. It was obviously a spectacular success and I doubt they could have bought better advertising for the $.

So what is the story with Littlebirdelectronics here in Aus anyway? are they in some way affiliated with Sparkfun or just a coincidence that their product range and website just bear a striking resemblemce to Sparkfun's? I'd never heard of them before seeing their add / dse like cheat sheet on last months SC.

Oh...by the way Don any idea when you'll have the TTL-232R-AJ interface cables in stock? (Maybe I get some of them at the Dontronics free day too. That will be coming up soon wont it? :))

Regards

James

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4791 (20100120) __________

James

They are a Sparkfun distributor:

-- Chris Burrows CFB Software Armaide: ARM Oberon-07 Development System

Chris Burrows

I have feelers out to see what the score is there. I am also curious.

Had them on order for 2 months. I hope to see them on my shelves in 1 or 2 weeks.

(Maybe I get some of them at the Dontronics free day too.

Free day was 1:45 hours. :-) I figured to line up with my 100th birthday. Isn't too long to wait!

I actually had a free order for my 100,000 hit to my site, but that was in 1996? They had to capture the [100,000] screen counter to get the free goods. Too long ago to remember who got it. I gave prizes for one either side also.

Another silly story in progress:

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

Product Sellout: 15% OFF 4DSystems OLED Displays & modules.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/micro-oled.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Had a look at their website, not overwhelmed by their pricing. If you are in a hurry and they have it in stock (not too many items at the moment) then you could save possibly $10-15 over Sparkfun's express mail option. Not in too much of a hurry, Sparkfun via first class mail is the cheaper option.

Checked on a few mid price components ($60-70) your milage may vary.

Reply to
keithr

hey

They are one of the multitude of Sparkfun resellers.

Littlebird started out distributing the Arduino in early 2007.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones