Re: Video on Sparkfun Electronics giving away $100K in 1:45 hours.

Another here who set the alarm to wake up at a ridiculous hour of the
morning to be repeatedly met with a message indicating the website could not
be contacted. I expected as much though, and to be honest I had trouble
finding something I wanted that couldn't just be ordered through work for a
legitimate purpose anyway. Good luck to them though. It was obviously a
spectacular success and I doubt they could have bought better advertising
for the $.

So what is the story with Littlebirdelectronics here in Aus anyway? are they
in some way affiliated with Sparkfun or just a coincidence that their
product range and website just bear a striking resemblemce to Sparkfun's?
I'd never heard of them before seeing their add / dse like cheat sheet on
last months SC.

Oh...by the way Don any idea when you'll have the TTL-232R-AJ interface
cables in stock? (Maybe I get some of them at the Dontronics free day too.
That will be coming up soon wont it? :))

Regards

James

database 4791 (20100120) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Video on Sparkfun Electronics giving away $100K in 1:45 hours.

They are a Sparkfun distributor:

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/distributors.php

--
Chris Burrows
CFB Software

I have feelers out to see what the score is there.
I am also curious.

Had them on order for 2 months.
I hope to see them on my shelves in 1 or 2 weeks.

(Maybe I get some of them at the Dontronics free day too.

Free day was 1:45 hours. :-)
I figured to line up with my 100th birthday. Isn't too long to wait!

I actually had a free order for my 100,000 hit to my site, but that was
in 1996? They had to capture the [100,000] screen counter to get the
free goods. Too long ago to remember who got it. I gave prizes for one
either side also.

Another silly story in progress:
http://www.dontronics.com/my_early_tote_years.html

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Video on Sparkfun Electronics giving away $100K in 1:45 hours.

Had a look at their website, not overwhelmed by their pricing. If you
are in a hurry and they have it in stock (not too many items at the
moment) then you could save possibly $10-15 over Sparkfun's express mail
option. Not in too much of a hurry, Sparkfun via first class mail is the
cheaper option.

Checked on a few mid price components ($60-70) your milage may vary.

Re: Video on Sparkfun Electronics giving away $100K in 1:45 hours.

They are one of the multitude of Sparkfun resellers.

Littlebird started out distributing the Arduino in early 2007.

Dave.

Site Timeline