Re: Video on Sparkfun Electronics giving away $100K in 1:45 hours.

I tried to get in on the giveaway with poor results.
Two days earlier had registered and even had my cart
full and just needed checkout. Even had link to checkout.

Then tried to checkout ... clicking retry for 90 minutes.
Never got through.

Said there were 70,000 on site, but only 1,000 checked out.
Odds - 70:1

I'll skip next year.

Re: Video on Sparkfun Electronics giving away $100K in 1:45 hours.

says...
Since I'm ordering prototype parts for a business, their
cost is usually covered in a contract.  Easy ordering
and prompt delivery is a lot more important than even the best
price break on  $50 in parts.  If I were really fully employed,
I'd have to get several hundred dollars worth of parts
to make 90 minutes of mouse clicks worthwhile.  Still,
I might try it intermittently over a few hours just for
the heck of it.  I certainly spend enough time browsing
their web site to pay for a few good restaurant meals (with
drinks) in lost time every month.

Mark Borgerson

Re: Video on Sparkfun Electronics giving away $100K in 1:45 hours.
I wonder how many who didn't get through in time thought "Oh bugger it"
and went on the buy the stuff that they were going to try and get for
free anyway.

Re: Video on Sparkfun Electronics giving away $100K in 1:45 hours.

I sat in front of my computer for 3 hours _after_ the event and still
could not get through.

So, I gave up and waited two days later to order other things.

And I live only 10 miles from them !

don

Re: Video on Sparkfun Electronics giving away $100K in 1:45 hours.

I worked out what I wanted, but, in the event, I couldn't be bothered to
get out of bed in the middle of the night to partake in what was always
going to be a mad scramble.

Site Timeline