Re: Video on Sparkfun Electronics giving away $100K in 1:45 hours.

> Free Day recap of what it was like behind the scenes in the SparkFun > offices on January 7th. > >

> > Cheers Don...

I tried to get in on the giveaway with poor results. Two days earlier had registered and even had my cart full and just needed checkout. Even had link to checkout.

Then tried to checkout ... clicking retry for 90 minutes. Never got through.

Said there were 70,000 on site, but only 1,000 checked out. Odds - 70:1

I'll skip next year.

Reply to
Andrew

Since I'm ordering prototype parts for a business, their cost is usually covered in a contract. Easy ordering and prompt delivery is a lot more important than even the best price break on $50 in parts. If I were really fully employed, I'd have to get several hundred dollars worth of parts to make 90 minutes of mouse clicks worthwhile. Still, I might try it intermittently over a few hours just for the heck of it. I certainly spend enough time browsing their web site to pay for a few good restaurant meals (with drinks) in lost time every month.

Mark Borgerson

Reply to
Mark Borgerson

I wonder how many who didn't get through in time thought "Oh bugger it" and went on the buy the stuff that they were going to try and get for free anyway.

Reply to
keithr

I sat in front of my computer for 3 hours _after_ the event and still could not get through.

So, I gave up and waited two days later to order other things.

And I live only 10 miles from them !

don

Reply to
don

I worked out what I wanted, but, in the event, I couldn't be bothered to get out of bed in the middle of the night to partake in what was always going to be a mad scramble.

Reply to
keithr