Re: Toaster Repair

Maybe, but it sure would dry out and become hard and unappealing.

My el-cheapo toaster does a fine job (and amazingly has lasted about 10
years already) I can't imagine paying far more for something only slightly
better, that still may break down. The old Sunbeams that gently lowered and
raised the bread were pretty good 40 years ago IMO, but stopped being made
because people didn't want to pay so much extra just to color their bread.

Just like the old saying "build a better mouse trap and they will come" it
completely ignores marketing and economics.

MrT.

Re: Toaster Repair

That's not a big saying, it doesn't even parse in English.

Results 1 - 10 of about 95 for "build a better mouse trap and they will come"

I think this is the one you're thinking of.

Results 1 - 10 of about 451,000 for "build it and they will come".

How about, invent something useful and make lots of money!

Herc

Re: Toaster Repair

You will make more money by inventing a piece of crap that
everyone thinks they really need ;-)

Rubics Cube, Yoyo, Frisbee, Hula Hoop, iPod etc.

Cheers TT

Re: Toaster Repair

The Pet Rock is my favourite.

Dave.

Re: Toaster Repair

Nah, Apple made far more money from the iPod.

MrT.

Re: Toaster Repair

   Only because the pet rock didn't have a USB port. ;-)

Re: Toaster Repair

rubbish!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/usb-pet-rock.html

d:-)...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Toaster Repair

   That's an imitation.

Re: Toaster Repair

it was an April 1st joke. got a lot of coverage at the time.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Toaster Repair

   It is funny, just not the original.

Re: Toaster Repair

Why am I not surprised. :-)
Looks about as useful as many other USB devices on the market too.

MrT.

Re: Toaster Repair

Damn it!
My patent attorney was just drawing up the application for that!

Dave.

Re: Toaster Repair

Add some googly eyes.

Herc

Re: Toaster Repair

Too late - it's already in production:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/153/352144488_4a1dbec18c.jpg

Re: Toaster Repair

Is that a PHILCO 2000?

Herc
yes I know, same joke twice in 1 thread

Re: Toaster Repair

snipped-for-privacy@westnet.com.au said...
<snip>

"You should have just taken an existing product and put a clock in it or
something." - Homer Simpson.

Re: Toaster Repair

CRUNCHY = yummy.
--

Great advances in Debian Linux; post a bug report and get spam in three
days.

Re: Toaster Repair

Croutons? ;-)

Cheers TT

Re: Toaster Repair

"Build a better mousetrap and people will beat a path to your door"

<http://www.google.com/search?q=build+a+better+mousetrap+and+people+will+beat+a+path+to+your+door&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=mozilla&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial

Re: Toaster Repair

. . .

Oh, for the simple life! What I want is one of those old-fashioned pop
up toasters with one adjustment knob and a lever on the side to lower
the bread, where the lever also serves to turn it off early if you
want to do that.

We had one like that for years, but it finally died. With the new one
you can't turn it off by lifting the lever - none of that intuitive
stuff any more. Instead you have to remember which one of the array of
buttons on the side (labelled with tiny, hard to read print) is to
terminate the operation. Not only that, but for some reason it takes a
lot of pressure on this button to get to turn off, which means
stopping it is a two handed operation - one to press the button, and
the other to stop the toaster sliding away. In fact the cancel button
is so hard to press, my wife has to keep a small wooden stick handy to
prod it with.

Why it has to have so many buttons, I don't know. One is something to
do with frozen bread. I can't remember now, or perhaps I never knew,
whether this is for toasting frozen bread, for thawing it without
toasting it, or maybe for freezing bread instead of heating it...

Andy Wood
snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Site Timeline