Re: Testing a UPS.

check the battery or batteries first take them out if bad replace them. ups will not work without them.

Just purchased a UPS at auction, > and wonder how I may test it's worthiness? > battery status? > Thanks > > >
Reply to
ZACK

Thanks Zack, the pinnacle of my career was graduating in Meccano.

I guess I can get the battery stats from the web, can the batteries be recharged if need be?

Reply to
rodney

"rodney"

** LOL !!

** The UPS will ( attempt to) charge the batteries when in bypass mode - ie normal operation with AC power available.

Just try the thing out doing what it is meant to do.

Give it time to top the batteries up, a few hours maybe..

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Phil Allison"

Thanks very much, Phil. you can be very nice when in cultured mode. Naturally, I will unsubscribe from the NG to avoid any incoming. My sincere thanks remain.

Reply to
rodney