Re: Testing a UPS.

check the battery or batteries first
take them out if bad replace them.
ups will not work without them.

Re: Testing a UPS.

Thanks Zack,
the pinnacle of my career was graduating in Meccano.

I guess I can get the battery stats from the web,
can the batteries be recharged if need be?

Re: Testing a UPS.

"rodney"

  **   LOL   !!

** The UPS will ( attempt to) charge the batteries when in bypass mode -  ie
normal operation with AC power available.

 Just try the thing out doing what it is meant to do.

 Give it time to top the batteries up, a few hours maybe..

Re: Testing a UPS.

"Phil Allison"

Thanks very much, Phil.
you can be very nice when in cultured mode.
Naturally, I will unsubscribe from the NG
to avoid any incoming.
My sincere thanks remain.

Site Timeline