Re: Telecom 802 rotary dial sound effects

Marts wrote:

>> David Bromage wrote... >> >>> I'm looking for some sound effects for a radio play. Does anybody have >>> or know where I can find good quality recordings of an old PMG/Telecom >>> 802 rotary dial being dialled and ringing? All I can find is recordings >>> of US style phones which sound very different. >> >> I have an old bakelite rotary dial phone that my wife got off Ebay. It's >> complete with the original socket/plug fittings. We'll be connecting it to the >> phone line and it will sit on a table in the hallway, as a part of the rennos

of

> this old joint that we bought. I can connect it up, ring home and record the >> phone ring for you if you wish. That is if you're unsuccessful in getting the >> ring tone from elsewhere. >> >How old ? > you may need to exchange the line mech , remember the old phones have >very high line loads compared to the modern units but simply removing >the ring coil and replaceing it with an electronic unit should suffice .

But that's not the point of having and using a perfectly functional old telephone. 8-)

Some years ago Jaycar and perhaps even Sheridan's (when they used to exist in Redfern) had bulk stocks of old electro-mechanical telephone ringers that were brand new old-stock. Dunno if I've still got any around now.

--
The Face of Bo and the 100000 Nitto Ninja's. http://lios.apana.org.au/~bo
Men in Black http://jedi.apana.org.au/~mib http://www.hereticweb.org FU COMMIES