Re; Retailers wanting GST on imports. - Campaign against this (link here)

Considering the recent publicity that Get Up has had with Wikileaks, I
decided to look on their webpage and sure enough there is a proposed
campaign against these greedy retailers that might be of interest if
people here want to get behind it.

http://suggest.getup.org.au/forums/60819-campaign-ideas/suggestions/1348045-fight-against-retailers-boycott-on-jan-15-16

Re: Re; Retailers wanting GST on imports. - Campaign against this (link here)
http://suggest.getup.org.au/forums/60819-campaign-ideas/suggestions/1348045-fight-against-retailers-boycott-on-jan-15-16

Great thought, and worth backing, but I'll almost bet nothing happens on the
selected dates.

I am feeling that it will all blow over, and ring leader Gerry Harvey will end
up with egg on his face.

Me, I won't be going near his stores. I thought very highly of Gerry in the
past, but I cringe when I see him now.
He got himself nicely stuck in the 20th century, and needs to "move forward" (
:-) ) before the tide turns against him.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Re; Retailers wanting GST on imports. - Campaign against this (link here)

here is a well written article, written only today and it has already attracted
484 comments.

I got to about 100 and gave up. I think there was 1 comment with support for
Gerry and friends.

http://www.businessday.com.au/business/billionaires-take-a-turn-at-initiating-brand-damage-20110104-19f27.html?comments21%0

That about covers it :-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Re; Retailers wanting GST on imports. - Campaign against this(link here)

That first comment breaks me up - the fatter the pig the louder the
squeal.

Ha Ha Ha , top stuff :-)

Good one Don

--

Re: Re; Retailers wanting GST on imports. - Campaign against this(link here)
http://suggest.getup.org.au/forums/60819-campaign-ideas/suggestions/1348045-fight-against-retailers-boycott-on-jan-15-16
   I also hope he ends up, I have a small beef also.(apart from the
major one,GST)
He has a discount place at grandville near super cheap auto, there is
not enough parking and he monopolizes two spots outside his entrance for
no purpose except (they say)to carry things out, (I have never seen the
spaces used)They just have those boards on a frames like they use on
roads blocking the cars.
They have a loading dock which they used to use which means their excuse
is rubbish.
I wish I could find his personal email address.

Re: Re; Retailers wanting GST on imports. - Campaign against this(link here)
http://suggest.getup.org.au/forums/60819-campaign-ideas/suggestions/1348045-fight-against-retailers-boycott-on-jan-15-16

He's such a dinosaur that he didnt read any email.

Re: Re; Retailers wanting GST on imports. - Campaign against this(link here)

If I find it, I'll chisel it down, and tom tom drum it to this thread.

Go Gerry.............................

Quote from the comments:
Now Showing: The End of the Retail Giants!
Starring Gerry Harvey as the dinosaur, and the internet as the Asteroid.
25% off tickets if booked online!
Chaughlie | Mosman - January 05, 2011, 11:22AM

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Re; Retailers wanting GST on imports. - Campaign against this (link here)

http://suggest.getup.org.au/forums/60819-campaign-ideas/suggestions/1348045-fight-against-retailers-boycott-on-jan-15-16

**Harvey is a conundrum, to be sure. He took a pay cut last year, due to
poor performance of the group. That has to be a first amongst the fat cats.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Re; Retailers wanting GST on imports. - Campaign against this (link here)

http://suggest.getup.org.au/forums/60819-campaign-ideas/suggestions/1348045-fight-against-retailers-boycott-on-jan-15-16

He's a fool.

He's so stinking rich he doesnt need his pay.

Nope, its happened before. Even with a bank or two too.

Re: Re; Retailers wanting GST on imports. - Campaign against this (link here)
yeah a pay cut  from 200 million dollars a year . to   199.8  million
dollars a year...

http://suggest.getup.org.au/forums/60819-campaign-ideas/suggestions/1348045-fight-against-retailers-boycott-on-jan-15-16

Re: Re; Retailers wanting GST on imports. - Campaign against this (link here)

a year...

His pay is nothing like that, even before the pay cut.

http://suggest.getup.org.au/forums/60819-campaign-ideas/suggestions/1348045-fight-against-retailers-boycott-on-jan-15-16

Re: Re; Retailers wanting GST on imports. - Campaign against this (link here)
http://suggest.getup.org.au/forums/60819-campaign-ideas/suggestions/1348045-fight-against-retailers-boycott-on-jan-15-16

You'll be flat out trying to find a shop which doesn't think all the
same taxes shouldn't apply to overseas traders, if we are to have a
'level playing field'.

Re: Re; Retailers wanting GST on imports. - Campaign against this (link here)

http://suggest.getup.org.au/forums/60819-campaign-ideas/suggestions/1348045-fight-against-retailers-boycott-on-jan-15-16

We have a "level playing feild", the freight we pay is more than 10% of the
purchase cost. The problem is Gerry the DH wants it tilted, only his way of
course.

Re: Re; Retailers wanting GST on imports. - Campaign against this (link here)
http://suggest.getup.org.au/forums/60819-campaign-ideas/suggestions/1348045-fight-against-retailers-boycott-on-jan-15-16
The freight who pays?
Retailers have all sorts of other trading advantages and disadvantages
compared with online and overseas vendors and individual purchasers, but
this is about GST.

Everyone thinks GST is a great idea until they perceive they are losing
by it. They are not only as hypocritical as they say Gerry Harvey is,
but they are stupid if they don't think they are losing by it in many
other ways.

Retailers wanting GST on imports. - Campaign against this (link here): Referendum on Globalisation? whether Aussies want cheap imports or greedy billionaires?
Real live INCEPTION test on the INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT

Go watch this video

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v16%96629890997

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v28%boaX5Cua8
(audio removed)

http://kangaroocourtaustralia.x24hr.com/cms/index.php?/topic/46-incept
ion-planting-of-the-idea-of-basic-human-rights-in-the-international-cr
iminal-court/

then go sign this petition:

Human Rights for Everyone or Human Rights for No one !
http://humanrights.change.org/petitions/view/human_rights_for_everyone
_or_human_rights_for_no_one_

PS. must sign the petition for it to work ;)

Site Timeline