Re: Renting Hypothetical

You actually sought advice from Phil Allison?!  You must be Dimmer than we
thought.

Re: Renting Hypothetical

Phill is not a dill he is just not very nice to people.

Re: Renting Hypothetical

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

Re: Renting Hypothetical
On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 19:20:54 +0200, "yaputya"

<snip>

Or possibly http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism

Re: Renting Hypothetical

I've worked with Autistic people and I'm not sure that description fits.
This is more like sheer nastiness.  Sometimes these charcateristics have no
medical label -- just a commonsense one.  But I don't claim to be a medico
and may be wrong...  Unlike Phil, who is never -- in his own view -- wrong.

Re: Renting Hypothetical

Apols for spelling (typo)

Re: Renting Hypothetical

I'm not sure if he is or not - but I do recognise what is familiar
behavior to me. My GF's two sons have Aspergers' syndrome (a mild form
of autism) - as do I.

I don't off the deep end like our mate Phil does, but one of the GF's
sons does in a similar vein to Phil, albeit not quite as extreme.
It seems to me to be a case of 'not suffering fools'... only taking it
way, WAY too far beyond what is considered reasonable.

Re: Renting Hypothetical

"Je▀us"

** Drivel.

** Aspergers is a gross form of autism.

The character " Sheldon"  on TV's Big Bang Theory is a classic example.

" .... the busses don't go where you live, do they ? "

Magma and Sylvia Else are also classic examples.

Plus 98% of all computer nerds.

....  Phil

Re: Renting Hypothetical

Apsergers and Autism are serious conditions that are picked up by doctors
during childhood.

But you have some sort of hyperactivity or ASD disorder.  No doubt about it.

Re: Renting Hypothetical

What a load of bullshit that is, unfortunately. I was diagnosed this
year, at age 48 (although I'd already realised I had AS for at least
two years), it's quite common for people to not get diagnosed until
well into middle age or older.

Only in recent years has there been greater awareness... I'll wager
the pendulum will swing too far the other way and there'll be plenty
of misdiagnoses going on. Just like with ADD et al.

Re: Renting Hypothetical

Diagnosis is generally made in childhood:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome#Diagnosis

Apparently if this is missed it's difficult to pick it up in adulthood.

Re: Renting Hypothetical

Don't worry Paul, it's the AS talking.   ;)

Re: Renting Hypothetical
On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 18:40:02 +0800, "Dennis"

I wondered if somebody would say that...

Re: Renting Hypothetical

Only recently.

Difficult only in the sense that by that stage most adults give up
looking for an explanation as to why they're 'different'.

Re: Renting Hypothetical

OK, thanks for that Phil <rolls eyes>.

Re: Renting Hypothetical

Hmm... This analysis is itsekf reasonable. I suppose then it ought to be
tolerated as you would someone with a broken leg, and I should take him out
of the killfile, but I do object to my peaceful and pleasant home being
filled jarred with his foul language and always-right philosophy. Perhaps
not, then...

Re: Renting Hypothetical

Problem is, you could make a case for tolerating almost any behaviour
with that kind of argument. I guess we have to pick and choose who we
tolerate and who we do not :)

Yep...

Re: Renting Hypothetical

!!

Note tense: '...would have...'

Re: Renting Hypothetical

Phill has a lot of useful advice, the problem is getting it without the
invective.

Re: Renting Hypothetical

Just listen to the core advice, the guy has life experience !!

Rheilly

Site Timeline