Re: Red Alert on Green Bulbs

<snip>

Amalgam capsules are sealed to sequester from contact with saliva,
IIRC

A discussion of the issue in dentistry is here:

http://www.ericdavisdental.com/manufacturersnotes.htm#Fallacies

http://www.curezone.com/dental/mercury_symptoms.asp

Title :

Update: mercury poisoning associated with beauty cream--Arizona,
California, New Mexico, and Texas, 1996.

Source :

MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep, 45(29):633-5 1996 Jul 26

Abstract :

During September 1995-May 1996, the Texas Department of Health (TDH),
the New Mexico Department of Health (NMDH), and the San Diego County
(California) Health Department investigated three cases of mercury
poisoning associated with the use of a mercury-containing beauty cream
produced in Mexico. The ongoing investigation has found this product
in shops and flea markets in the United States located near the U.S.-
Mexico border, and a U.S. distributor has been identified in Los
Angeles. The cream, marketed as "Crema de Belleza--Manning" for skin
cleansing and prevention of acne, listed "calomel" (mercurous chloride
[Hg2Cl2]) as an ingredient and contained 6% to 10% mercury by weight.
This report presents findings of a continuing investigation by these
health departments, the Arizona Dept of Health Services (ADHS),
California State Department of Health Services (CSDHS), the Food and
Drug Administration (FDA), and CDC.

Definition of mercury poisoning
Mercury poisoning occurs when a person has ingested, inhaled, or had
skin or eye contact with the toxic (poisonous) heavy metal mercury and
suffers damage to his/her nervous system and other systems of the
body.

http://wewantorganicfood.com/2007/07/29/what-is-mercury-poisoning /

Toxicity:   Readily absorbed via respiratory tract (elemental mercury
vapor, mercury compound dusts), intact skin, and G.I. tract. Spilled
and heated elemental mercury is particularly hazardous.
http://www.hbci.com/~wenonah/hydro/hg.htm

Not many if any. Dental surgeries tend to be large and fairly well
ventilated and the amounts involved are minute.

Fran

Re: Red Alert on Green Bulbs

Whatever is an "amalgam capsule" and how are they sealed?

Re: Red Alert on Green Bulbs

Truthfully, I'm not sure. I asked about safety of amalgam fillings
some years ago at a dental visit and this is what he told me -- hence
the "IIRC".

Fran

Re: Red Alert on Green Bulbs

Just the line of bullshit they run to fools like you who are too stupid to check
it for yourself.

Re: Red Alert on Green Bulbs

Wrong, as always.

Irrelevant to what has been done for centurys without any problem.

Irrelevant to dentistry.

Irrelevant to dentistry for centurys.

Irrelevant to dentistry for centurys.

Plenty of them werent in the past.