Re: pcb.com - experiences / shipping costs?

>> Has anyone any experiences with

> >Yep, I've used them quite a few times now for my own personal projects >and have been recommending them. > >Prices are very good, service (technical and sales) is excellent, >quality is good, and they have a big range of production options. For >instance I got a black solder mask with gold plate and 0.5mm thickness >no problems. No problems with slots, cutouts, and other special >requests. If they have any technical queries/problems they email you >straight away. >I've even had them make a front panel for me, no problems at all. > >They deliver on the exact day they say they will.

David, I'm curious how they size PTH's. I've been burned in the past trying new suppliers on a job, only to find their approach and my expectation differ and I get useless boards.

For a hole shown as say 32 thou, some fabs drill 32 thou (or their nearest 0.1mm size up) and then plate down, so the final hole is almost invariably less than

32 thou. Others allow for the plating build and oversize the hole accordingly.

Their chineselish KB/FAQ at

says: "What are your standard hole sizes? Are they finished size (after plate) or drill size (before plate)? Our standard drill tooling size is from 0.5mm to 6mm with 0.1mm step increase, we have no extra cost for more drill tooling. You could indicate hole size with finished size (after plate) that we will consider plating and select proper drill size"

Have you worked out what they *actually* do?

Reply to
budgie

new

0.1mm

at

I have not actually measured the holes I've got, but based on expected fit, they are near enough to my specified finished hole size.

They (not so) clearly expect you to provide a finished hole size, as the majority of manufacturers do. After Chinglish translation I think you'll find that "You could" should be "You should" in the stated paragraph.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones