Re: pcb.com - experiences / shipping costs?

I've been using them regularly for over a year. No problems or hassles, very
reliable and do an excellent job.
On one occassion the made my 200 boards with green solder mask, I'd ordered
white. No problem, within 7 days they had delivered the 200 with white
solder mask - no charge for replacement boards or delivery.
Easy to deal with.

Re: pcb.com - experiences / shipping costs?

Yep, I've used them quite a few times now for my own personal projects
and have been recommending them.

Prices are very good, service (technical and sales) is excellent,
quality is good, and they have a big range of production options. For
instance I got a black solder mask with gold plate and 0.5mm thickness
no problems. No problems with slots, cutouts, and other special
requests. If they have any technical queries/problems they email you
straight away.
I've even had them make a front panel for me, no problems at all.

They deliver on the exact day they say they will.

They gave me exact costing, as part of the checkout process from
memory.
They recommend DHL and it has cost me $19.50 each time (tiny boards in
a small bubble wrap packet).
You can combine jobs and pay the one postage no problems, it's all
part of the automatic cart system.
I used Fedex once thinking it might be quicker (it's not) and that
cost me $24.38
I'd recommend DHL.
No problems with customs or anything else. You get a tracking number
too, which they email you when it ships.

They are brilliant, ordering PCB's really is just like using a
shopping cart.

Dave.

Re: pcb.com - experiences / shipping costs?

Cheers Dave - exactly what I wanted to hear!   :)

Re: pcb.com - experiences / shipping costs?
I've also used them many times now, maybe 20 times.  They have been
absolutely fantastic.

Small problems to date:

1. Selected no overlay on their web but the boards came with overlay. I had
to pay for a second batch but they gave me $50 off the next order.

2. FedEx can ship the parcel in 3 days but the local driver does not know
where my building is, so I now use DHL or UPS.

3. Their ISP seems to be rather unreliable. The website can be down for days
on end. (It was down yesterday, and no email communications worked)

4. Watch out for the Chinese holiday periods.

But good points far outweigh the bad:

1. Cheap
2. Quick
3. Great quality
4. lots of finish options
5. Accept protel pcb files
6. electrical testing of all boards
7. pretty much always on time
8. they ask me questions if something does not look quite right.

Re: pcb.com - experiences / shipping costs?

Thanks for the feedback Phil. I'm going to use them.

Re: pcb.com - experiences / shipping costs?

Ordered! Delivery is scheduled for March 29th which is a Saturday - I opted
for DHL - does any one know offhand if they deliver on the weekend or does
delivery roll over to the next business day - Monday?
TIA

Re: pcb.com - experiences / shipping costs?

Normally it rolls over.
But you can get weekends if you pay extra and pre-arrange it I
believe.
Keep us updated!

Dave.

Re: pcb.com - experiences / shipping costs?

That was a quick reply! I just want to make sure I am around on delivery
day - it can be a pain trying to catch up with couriers (and I don't think
they like it either.....)

I'll post an update / review after I receive the boards. Thanks Dave.

r.

Re: pcb.com - experiences / shipping costs?

I get all my stuff delivered to the front desk receptionist at work,
much more convenient!
Gotta be careful with couriers at home addresses, many of them will
charge you extra if they can't deliver.

Dave.

Re: pcb.com - experiences / shipping costs?
Final on PCB.com as a supplier:

Boards turned up on time (Monday AM), tracked from China to Oz via DHL
tracking number etc.
Vacuum packed with dessicant.
Quality looks good (2 layer, 1 silk basic board).
Price was v/good.

1st one built works fine - I'll use them again.

Site Timeline