Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors - Page 7

Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors
<http://www.climate-resistance.org/2008/01/people-in-greenhouses-throwing-stones.html

I keep seeing the claim "97% of all climate scientists" made in all
sorts of places. 97% may agree, but you certainly can't prove it by
this poll. If you look at the questions that were asked, I would
probably agree, there is some degree of human influence on climate, so
what is the worth of this poll, other than propaganda?

<http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/icecore/antarctica/vostok/vostok_timescales.html

That is one of my problems with climate science, the data quality is
extremely poor, yet we get a degree of certainty which is undoubtably
not justified.
Perhaps 6 months or so ago I read an analysis of the probable errors
in the intrumental temperature record by a metrologist, he had some
very interesting insights. For example, mercury an alchohol
thermometers need to be read differently; one you read at the top of
the meniscus, the other at the bottom. His estimated uncertainty was
.6 degreees C. Yet we get "the warmest year on record" by perhaps
.02 degree C. Oh, and the record is only about 150 years old.

Climate science comes off better than some of the other ecological
studies, I thought. Things like species extinction seemed to be
nothing but "expert" opinion. I love expert opinion, tell me is coffee
good or bad this month according to expert medical opinion?
Trevor may believe experts, but my experience has been that experts
know an awful lot about very little, and can be blind to anything
outside their area of expertise.

Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 07:04:07 +1100, Trevor Wilson

Unfortunately for you, Trevor, the idiots seem to be IPCC employees.

Go case by case and prove them not idiots, beware the fundamental problem
of times arrow in the causality claims, any failure in temporal order
breaks the case.  That is science.

?-)

Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors

Did you actually look at that study? After a thorough torturing of the
data to get the desired conclusion, they ended up with *79* "climate
scientists". A perfect example of cherry picking!

Try this: http://judithcurry.com/2011/10/06/ipcc-discussion-thread /
Note that Judith Curry is chair of atmospheric physics at GA Tech.

You should be, since you are one.

    Jerry

Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors

   He's a small minded loser who latches onto something, then refuses to
look at the issue.  He searches for others like him to 'prove' that he's
right.  He ignores anything may may even remotely prove him wrong,
because his whole world would collapse.  Even though it's been shown
that his beloved IPCC is composed of liars who cook data and thieves who
knowingly publish bad data to keep their funding, he keeps drinking the
'Jonestown Kool-Aid' and demanding more poison.

Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors

Point of order, Jonetwon used Flavoraid, not Koolaid.

Minor nit. ;-)

Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi

--
"Everything from Crackers to Coffins"

Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors

   Kept in their Frigidaire, and made with their Kitchen Aid mixer? :)

Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors

That sounds like a pretty accurate profile of the guy to me.

Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors
On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 07:32:38 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

(...)

I'm having a lousy day and feel the need to unload on someone[1].
You'll suffice. Nothing personal.

I have a different view of Trevor.  Even though I don't agree with his
position, I do understand his and the IPCC's point of view.  I'll even
read IPCC AR4, specifically looking for how they handled temperature
precedes C02.  I would not expect him to respect my opinions unless I
also respect his.  Therefore, I have not engaged in any name calling,
labeling, word games, or insults.  I'll listen to his logic, his
rationalizations, and even his dogma, as I would listen to others, who
might also be religious, politically incorrect, deranged, unpopular,
or insufficiently credentialed.  That's because wisdom doesn't come
from experts.  It comes from those who question the experts.

[1]  For the curious, I just trashed a laptop LCD trying to replace
the CCFL backlight.  Argh.

# 831-336-2558
Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors

   Good for you.  Wait a while, and he'll be calling you names.

Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors

**Not likely. Unlike you, Mr Liebermann is conducting himself reasonably,
rationally, intelligently and is peppering his posts with appropriate cites.
You, OTOH, are engaged in little more than sniping. Your posts are tiresome,
ignorant and without substantive content. You remind me of a 10 year old.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors

   Yawn.

Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors

How it works is that many people are aware that AGW is looking so much
like a crock, one Rasmussen poll in the US quoted that 69% of those
polled believed that the scientists in the IPCC had defrauded data in
order to support global warming.

The public just don't buy it anymore and the same can be seen in the
Australian polls on the Carbon tax, approximately 70% don't want it.
If you start bringing up the subject with people generally, you cannot
find anyone who wants it and almost as many don't believe in AGW to
boot.

Anyone who doesnt fully believe Trevor's fantasy and his beliefs is
simply
not relevant.  They are an "idiot" and if they are actually a
scientist, he will simply
claim that they are "not a scientist if they disbelieve AGW", or paid
off by the "fossil fuel lobby"

Trevor worships as gospel anything that comes from the IPCC and
ignores that it may not be what he thinks it is
when it comes to honesty and integrity.

Strange part is that looking at Google, many of the IPCC are involved
in the World Wildlife fund
and they are funded by BP, so in reality you could say that many in
the IPCC who are involved in this
group are funded by the "fossil fuel" industry.  Funny how the "fossil
fuel industry" - BP for example fully support AGW and the carbon
taxes.

Take a look at how many others are funded by global banks, who
originally cooked up this fraud (as well as other "dirty air" scams
over the last 40 odd years,  and funded it in order to create fear,
and rake in profits This is only the tip of the iceberg of fraud and
corruption.

Trev can't see through this, and also he is very likely in my opinion
also concerned that if the AGW fraud continues to collaps into dust
that his wife (who according to others on here works for the CSIRO)
loses her job in CSIRO, (Which is also headed by a former one of these
global bank officials, and therefore not to be trusted) it will kill
their household income if the institute is defunded, in order to
appease a public that wants blood, after being conned -  and possibly
hurt future career prospects for being associated with this
organisation, even if she is not involved in the "climate science"
part and or wasn't knowingly being dishonest.

Its not hard, you just follow the money, and who benefits from it.

If that

That would be about right.  Its how government works.

Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors

Don't take him seriously, he has that effect on some, but in reality
he is full of it.

Even if the AGW was actually true, there are far more dangerous things
in the real world to be wary of.

Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors

"kreed"

Don't take him seriously, he has that effect on some, but in reality
he is full of it.

Even if the AGW was actually true, there are far more dangerous things
in the real world to be wary of.

** Like Arab zealots with a stolen or back yard built nuclear weapon.

Forget a 1960s type nuclear Armageddon  -  that is the LEAST of our worries.

Imagine the actual consequences of a major city (ie  London, New York )
being rendered uninhabitable by a "dirty bomb".

The whole planet would be immediately turned into a Nazi style police
state -  purely to prevent a recurrence.

That is where we are all headed folks.

After seeing 911-  who can doubt it?

...  Phil

Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors
On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 01:23:03 +0100, "Arfa Daily"

Can I have your test equipment?

# 831-336-2558
Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors

Ha ! No ! Today, the world of Arfa just got a bit better. A company that I
used to relieve of a lot of money, but whose work slowly dried up, as that
company changed hands and names over the years, seem to have just got
themselves a new warranty manager. He emailed me mid week and invited me to
call him regarding some new work that he wanted me to look at. It's a bunch
of switch-mode power supplies, and having had a squint at a load of samples
that arrived yesterday, I think there's going to be a lot of straightforward
money to be had again, if he can back the numbers that he was talking !

So I'm going to still need my test equipment for the moment   ...   d;~}

Arfa

Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors
On Sat, 8 Oct 2011 01:55:13 +0100, "Arfa Daily"

Congratulations.  Do they look like this?
<http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/drivel/slides/Blown%20Power%20Supply.html

Sniff...

# 831-336-2558
Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors
On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 07:29:54 +1100, "Trevor Wilson"

I do wish you would cease trivializing this point.  It's not uncharted
territory, the great unknown, or magic.  It's simple logic.  If either
factor causes the other to increase, then both will increase until
some other limit is reached.  From the historical data, it appears
that both temperature and CO2 are cyclic rather than constantly
increasing.  Therefore, something is causing both CO2 and temperature
to drop.  Since nobody seems to know what might be causing this
decrease, Occam's Razor suggests that it might be far simpler to
assume that bother factors do NOT cause each other to increase
endlessly, and that temperature and CO2 are not as tightly coupled as
you suggest.  Even better, the Vostok-Petit graphs clearly show CO2
following temperature, not the other way around.
<
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/crud/Vostok_Petit_data_03.jpg

I don't place my faith in experts.  I've been screwed by alleged
experts and have seen from the inside how they operate in a different
industry.  In this case, the problem is funding.  It's almost
impossible to get funding for AGW research intended to disprove the
IPCC consensus.  Well, not impossible if you don't mind taking money
from big oil.  If someone does manage to produce an unfavorable
report, their funding magically goes away.

How soon we forget Global Cooling:
<http://archive.glennbeck.com/2006news/newsweek-coolingworld.pdf

Incidentally, experts are often wrong.
"Vindicated: Ridiculed Israeli scientist wins Nobel"
<http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/10/05/international/i041311D61.DTL

As I indicated previously, I read one part out of four.  The physical
science basis report is what I found interesting.  The rest are
summaries, guesswork, conclusions, extrapolations, predictions, and
some politics.  I wasn't interested.

Ummm... reading the report doesn't mean that I'm instantly converted.
I tend to be very suspicious of methodology.  For example, ice cores
older than about 150,000 years are dated largely by guesswork.  The
glacial creep that far back causes the distinctive annual ice layers
to blurr into mush.  They also tend to form angular layers, which are
difficult to see on a vertical ice core sample.  The best they can do
is correlate volcanic dust events with corresponding land based
dating.

Lasting how long?  Looking at the graphs, it appears that CO2 and
temperature were decoupled at least 1-2 million years.  I can see such
isolated events causing climate changes, but not for extended periods.
Also, the Vostok-Petit graph shows atmospheric dust concentration,
which should be an indication of volcanism and asteroid hits.  No
connection with temperature or CO2.

Reminder, others agree with me.  Read the comments:
<http://rps3.com/Files/AGW/VOSTOKICECoreObservations_Stewart2009.pdf
<http://www.denverclimatestudygroup.com

It was true in 3 out of 4 peaks as shown on the Vostok-Petit graph.
The 4th was admittedly difficult to determine because the temperature
did not drop as rapidly as the other peaks.

Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors
On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 07:29:54 +1100, "Trevor Wilson"

The explaining power of the model is worthless then.

Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors

"kreed"
Speaking about TW:

** People like TW have no idea they give themselves away in their own words
all the time.

Charlatans do not have to fool everyone, either all or some of the time, to
be a success.

They just have to fool particular people, when it counts.

That why the call them  " marks ".

....  Phil

Site Timeline