Re: Opinion: Mr Turnbull, you need to do the numbers

There's nothing in favour of letting the government build a network. The

> last time that happened, we got the PMG and then Telecom. Yuck!

and almost all had a standard cost for a telephone install where ever you were. Shit hit the fan when the accountants started running the place in the 70's.

Reply to
terryc

You waited weeks if you were really fortunate, and your exchange was, likely as not, still manual if you lived outside the cities.

Reply to
Neil Gerace

Bungendore in the 80's was about the last operator plugged telephone exchange that I dealt with.

Reply to
terryc

Neil Gerace wrote

were.

Try months or even years.

cities.

Thats just plain wrong. They were long gone before the telecom monopoly was removed.

Reply to
Rod Speed