Re: New Zealand internet copyright law

"kreed"

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/254485,new-zealand-passes-three-strikes-law.aspx

Absolutely shocking - the part about "proving innocence" is a very
large worry, and basically wiping their arses with our legal rights.

** Nothing new in it at all.

If you get a notice for illegal parking, speeding or going through a red
light - guess what ?

You get your chance to prove the notice wrong.

Similarly, if you get charged with a crime by the police  -  you get your
day in court to prove them wrong.

Assuming that copyright infringement is considered criminal in NZ, proof
beyond reasonable doubt is required once the matter hits a court or other
justice tribunal. So, all any accused has to do is show that such a doubt
exits in their case.

The oft quoted " presumption of innocence " is largely a myth and many folk
make the error of taking the words literally.

Taken literally, it means the police would never investigate nor arrest
anyone.

....  Phil

Re: New Zealand internet copyright law

"kreed"
"Sylvia"

That last statement is the biggest load of PC crap I have read all
year.

** As Sylvia will no doubt attest - is not *too often* that I post in
support of her comments.

( Note use of massive understatement .... )

But you are so full of irrational shit here it would drown a million pigs.

....  Phil

Re: New Zealand internet copyright law

So, there are bogans in NZ.

Re: New Zealand internet copyright law
On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 17:20:55 -0700 (PDT), kreed

I recently encountered this bizarre statement:

"Linking to the Apia Website is only permitted when authorised in
writing by Apia. Please contact Apia if you would like to link to any
part of the Apia Website."

http://www.apia.com.au/apia/quote-terms-conditions

Does Australian law actually give Apia such rights?

- Franc Zabkar

Re: New Zealand internet copyright law
Nah
  making a claim and testing it in law are very different entities

--

Re: New Zealand internet copyright law

"Franc Zabkar"

** Of course.

Under copyright law and illegal use of IP laws.

The T&C is very well worded and quite clear about what Apia are worried
about.

.....  Phil

Re: New Zealand internet copyright law

No. They've probably latched onto a distinct issue which is where a site
contains links to material that infringes copyright. In such a case the
links themselves are held to facilitate copyright infringment.

I doubt Apia's wider terms of use would stand up either, given that
their site does not require user's to sign up, and is not protected by a
password.

Like so much IT small-print, it's a bluff.

Sylvia.

Site Timeline