Re: New Wi-Fi Hot Spot List

Not sure if it is ok to post here or not,

www.australianhotspots.com.au and www.wifisearch.com.au is an on-line
list of wifi hot spot locations.

At this point in time there are over 2000 locations listed, some are
free access and some are paid access hot spots.

There is also a forum to discuss wi-fi related topics. It would be
great if we could get a few people to sign up here and start chating.
As this site is completely free we rely on people joining and hopefully

clicking on advertising links.

If your any good at writing you can get paid $15 for submitting
original wi-fi related articles.

Thanks

Re: New Wi-Fi Hot Spot List

It's "you're" as in "you are", not "your" as in "belonging to you".

I normally just sigh and shake my head over things like this, but when
you're talking about running a publishing venture, you really need to
try harder to get the language right.

Peter

Re: New Wi-Fi Hot Spot List

Sorry,
That was a simple typing mistake.
Often I find mistakes in top 20 publications, Hence a minor "typo" in
an informal posting on a news group can be excused.

Thanks for your concern,

Re: New Wi-Fi Hot Spot List

No it can't! In the context of you trying to encourage writers, you need to
show you are after a response from literate people.

Re: New Wi-Fi Hot Spot List

In the context of your trying..........

Re: New Wi-Fi Hot Spot List

Except that there are at least half a dozen similar "simple typing
mistakes" on the front page alone of your web site.

Peter

Re: New Wi-Fi Hot Spot List

Sure,
Not really fussed,  It is a free site and it makes no money for me,
Beacause it sells nothing.
I think I will probebly pull it down and sell the domain names. Not
much point in offering a free service these days, People just shit can
them.

www.hot-spots.com.au
www.wifisearch.com.au
www.wififinder.com.au
www.myhotspots.com.au
www.hotspotter.com.au

Some great names If any one wants to buy them.

Thanks

Re: New Wi-Fi Hot Spot List

My comments were about your spelling.  Almost all of the errors in your
emails and on your web site would have been found with programs that
check spelling, and all of them probably would have been caught by a
proof reader.

You'd really rather quit than check your spelling?  How sad.

Peter

Re: New Wi-Fi Hot Spot List

Most of those mistakes were created by the spell checker.

As I said spelling was not big issue as this is not a commercial site,

I was just trying to create a helpful website, between my school
studies and a part time job, I don''t always have time to check the
finer details,

But thanks for the feedback.

Re: New Wi-Fi Hot Spot List

And that's why you haven't learnt to spell - because you think
it's not an issue. You have a lot to learn. If you can't spell,
people will distrust what your website says, whether it's
accurate or not. You create the impression of being careless
and uneducated. It might not be justified, but that's what
people will think because they have nothing else to go on.
It might not be fair, but it's the world you have to learn to
live in.

Clifford.

Re: New Wi-Fi Hot Spot List

@news.optusnet.com.au:

 Same goes for a name like "Clifford".

GB, conversation between parents: "It's ugly, lets call it Clifford"
--
 "Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the
  entrails of the last priest." (Diderot, paraphrasing Meslier)

Re: New Wi-Fi Hot Spot List

you might find more if you cruise www.whereis.com.au as they have a
hotspots tag.

Also, maybe Bigpond will give you a free list of all their paid access
points.

Site Timeline