Re: NBN home and hosed

Be thankful you live in Melbourne.

No thanks, they have compulsory demand tariffs there.

Up here, the ALP promised to buy back domestic solar energy at 60c per kWh,

which is (cough) almost five times the

maximum tariff.

That last is WAY out.

So, what happens? Its not just little Mum's and Dad's putting 1 kWh > units on their rooftops in Blacktown, lots of smart people realise > that being guaranteed a wholesale price five times that retail

Thats a lie.

was a no lose proposition,

There was always a potential to lose, even the labor scheme had a time limit until it was reviewed.

so they stick $100k generators on the roofs of their five bedroomed houses.

Fuck all spend anything like that.

Now, the O'Farrell government has had to make the very brave decision to cut

this back to 3 times the wholesale price,

Your multiplier is WAY out.

still making them a profit in the long term

Nope, the return on that capital isnt anything special. You can get that in a bank deposit with a govt guarantee.

but not the massive profits created by the Labor incompetents simply to buy

some cheap headlines.

They didnt do it to buy cheap headlines, they were actually stupid enough to think it made sense.

AND its a GROSS feed in tariff too, you get paid that even if you use the electricity generated yourself too.

Just plain barking mad and a large part of the reason we have seen our electricity bills hike so dramatically.

Reply to
Rod Speed