Re: NBN continues to impress

Are you saying that, when the NBN is being used as a broadcast network
by a multicast TV source, NBN Co will have to switch the signal to
each subscriber and block it to those that don't subscribe? That is
certainly not how the HFC network works. It would explain why you
believe that "cable" TV over the NBN will not require a set top box.

_Every_ network requires a circuit from the source to each desired
destination. I suppose that a ring topology might be regarded as a
"single circuit" but that is not the network model being implemented
by NBN Co.

On the contrary. There is a circuit from the transmitter to my TV
aerial and a circuit to every other aerial in range. If you happen to
be confined to a Faraday cage there will be no circuit and you will
not receive FTA TV.

Re: NBN continues to impress

No, the NBN has absolutely nothing to do with it. Managed by the ISP
that gives you access to the multicast channels.You don't have access to
the NBN, but just a VPn back to your ISP, like now.

Re: NBN continues to impress
On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 01:28:43 +1000, terryc

NBN is indeed a TV broadcaster, transmitting on Channel 3 and digital
channel 8.

Re: NBN continues to impress

Can you explain that since it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere?

Apart from the fact that it wasn't what was being discussed.

Re: NBN continues to impress
On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 01:16:04 +1000, terryc

I suggest you refer to a TV guide for Newcastle NSW.

Re: NBN continues to impress

So, if you are wired into the NBN in the "NMewcastle" area, what do you
need to plug into the "NTU" to recieve the signals?

Re: NBN continues to impress
On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 11:27:01 +1000, terryc

A regular TV connected to a suitable antenna.

Re: NBN continues to impress

Umm, not confused between NBN's are we?
http://www.nbntv.com.au /
http://www.nbn.gov.au /

Re: NBN continues to impress
As proven on so many previous occasions baza cant find his arse so
failure to differentiate as you pointed out is no surprise

--

Re: NBN continues to impress

*I* didn't say anything. That is from the Encyclopedia Brittania. If you
still don't know the difference between point-to-point and broadcast
networks, I suggest you Google for yourself at this point.

FM radio is "broadcast". Walkie Talkie's are "point-to-point".

Normal TV is "broadcast". Fibre is "point-to-point".

One, single circuit for every user. Unlike point-to-point media like fibre.

Re: NBN continues to impress

Walkie-talkies are not point to point they are broadcast as anyone on that
frequency in range can pick up that signal

It makes no difference that fiber or cable can be used for TV

Re: NBN continues to impress
For heaven's sake. What a useless thread. I might as well say that NBN is
about smoking a pipe, since my uncle Norman Brian N... does it all the time!

Re: NBN continues to impress

don't like the thread, fuck off

Re: NBN continues to impress
What a nice person to have to dinner!

Re: NBN continues to impress
Nice person to have for dinner more likely. Add tomato sauce and invite all his
mates...

Re: NBN continues to impress

and we can talk about how top posters make little baby jesus cry

Re: NBN continues to impress
Top posting is permitted in aus.flame, for the obvious reason!

his

Re: NBN continues to impress

his

Re: NBN continues to impress
  top posting is accepted these days bazil
  now take yourself and those limp wrists of yours and find a tall
something to jump off
his

Re: NBN continues to impress

who cares