Re: megnetic fields around toroidal transformers

From what I can remember the tranny's made for music amplifiers and sensitive equipment are specially designed to have very low external magnetic radiation. It does not take very much magnetic field emission to have an affect on an audio amplifier or a television device.

Contact the manufacture to have an original tranny, and you should be okay.

Jerry G.

Replaced the power tranny in a music amp, the connection wiring insulatio=
was getting brittle. The old tranny is a standard E-I lamination type, > replaced it with a toroidal (35-0-35, 300VA), mounting it the same spot. =

The

result is less than satisfactory, with the new tranny there's way too muc=
buzz on the output with no signal, when I move the internal preamp module > away the level drops, so it's clearly related to a field around the > transformer. > > I thought toroidals were claimed to be low magnetic field, is that a myth=
?
Reply to
Jerry G.