Re: Manuals for Blaupunkt TV model BT 70-26 VT, chassis FM550.20

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 09:15:18 +1000, Franc Zabkar

I think I've found a service manual. The Blaupunkt chassis appears
identical to a Grundig CUC6330 chassis:

 http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid11%68
 http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid11%69

The uP is labelled "CUC6330PAL.02".

Unfortunately the circuit diagram for the PAL IF Amp PCB
(29504-102.57) is mentioned but not shown. :-(

The fault I'm seeing is no audio. It looks like a problem with the
TDA6612-5 stereo sound IC. The two TDA7245A amps look OK. The only
other possible candidate appears to be a Telefunken U2840B FM IF amp
and demodulator for which I have no data.

I have disconnected the I2C pins from the TDA6612-5 chip to see if the
TV behaves any differently, but it does not.

I still need an owner's manual because the remote's menu system is not
intuitive, at least not to me.

I'll try the AV inputs when I get a SCART cable.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Manuals for Blaupunkt TV model BT 70-26 VT, chassis FM550.20

Another source for your manual :
http://www.schaltungsdienst.de/index.php?id22 %

Enter FM550.20 into the field "Modell" and you read what they have,
eg:
BLAUP SERVICE MANUAL     FM550.20  D;GB     1238368     8622400316

This is price group "E". You'll have to drop them a note as to actual
price and shipping/handling/payment.
I did several transactions with them and they are for real.

Regards,
H.

Re: Manuals for Blaupunkt TV model BT 70-26 VT, chassis FM550.20
On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 10:42:44 +0200, Heinz Schmitz

Thanks. However, as the TV is a 12 year-old 68cm set, and the suspect
IC looks like costing AU$50 delivered, I think the customer probably
won't go ahead with the repair if I have to add the cost of a manual.

BTW, Grundig Australia's service rep (United Electrical Engineering
Pty Ltd) didn't want to know me. I was told that they didn't support
old CRT sets. Instead I was advised to contact Grundig directly.

BTW, I have no idea who is the service agent for Blaupunkt TVs in
Australia. I have basically given up looking for them.

Moral of the story:  Don't expect any support for a German TV in
Australia, at least not outside of the warranty period.

To assist others in cross-referencing Grundig chassis with Blaupunkt
and other brands, here are two URLs I found useful:

TVT Forum | Gesucht und Gefunden | Grundig Vergleichsliste:
 http://www.tvtechniker.de/forum/thread.php?postid10%241

Baugleiche Grundig TV's:
 http://www.museumsorganisation.de/Baugleiche/TV/grundig.htm

Here is an alternative link to Grundig manuals including the CUC6330:
http://www.electronica-pt.com/index.php/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,34/func,startdown/id,2150 /

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Manuals for Blaupunkt TV model BT 70-26 VT, chassis FM550.20

I was afraid to read that :-). Probably I would be able to fill earths
biggest hole for free with CRT-devices, would I only come by to
take them.

Did you play a bit with their site?
http://www.blaupunkt.com/html/index.htm

This is a global phenomenon. The gadgets are baked, packed
and said good-bye to. Customers? Drop dead after having paid.

Anyhow, good luck and
regards,
H.

Re: Manuals for Blaupunkt TV model BT 70-26 VT, chassis FM550.20
On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 13:07:31 +0200, Heinz Schmitz

Yes, but the flash rubbish that is typical of Chinese sites drove me
mad. :-)

Here are the "Australian" service centres:
http://www.blaupunkt.com/au/infoservices_5.asp

I'm given the choice of Robert Bosch Singapore or Robert Bosch
Malaysia.

There is also an Australian email address and 1300 telephone number.
So far I haven't received a response to my email request.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Manuals for Blaupunkt TV model BT 70-26 VT, chassis FM550.20

You won't get lucky trying to get technical assistance from Grundig on
sets that old. The former Grundig company of Fuerth, Germany has been
bankrupt and the name - not the knowledge and quality of service/
design - sold some years ago. What nowadays goes by the name "Grundig"
is not worth the bandwith wasted writing about it. And Blaupunkt
dropped out of the TV segment almost decades ago, after all they
mostly rebadged Grundig Chassis. So there is no use trying to get any
info from either of them.

What you have there is some fine machine from the good old days, and I
am really sorry I have no info on that particular IF module, since
I've never seen AUS sets. The 29504-102 PAL BG IF Module with german
type 5.5/5.74MHz Subcarrier (Not NICAM) Stereo decoding based on
TDA6611-2 is depicted in the CUC5510/11 schematic (DL-able on
eserviceinfo). Maybe this will help some.

Unfortunately this set does not have the well known washer contact at
the mains switch that regularly caused audio mute problems in earlier
Grundig models. So it's other problems you will have to look into.

With CUC6330 you may try this:
Since the IF Module is not the same as in the German models I know,
get the Datasheet for TDA6612-5 from alldatasheet.com and see if you
can scope something on the input of this IC the way it is coming from
the U2840 - so you rule out the U2840.
Try Scart AV.
Generally with any of these sets scope the I2C at the TDA6612 to see
if a level of 5V is reached when the SDA SCL line is being released,
and the edges on the Hi-Lo Lo-Hi transitions are not too sloped.

The test I used for IC like TDA66xx/6200/TY45018 etc used in Grundigs
and similar sets whenever swaping the module was not an option, is to
take the chip off the bus and attach a I2C monitoring/control software
like IICUNI.EXE with its simple hardware interface to the chip and see
if the chip does respond to the address probe command of the software.
I found most of the time one of these chips are gone (mostly due to
arcover from tripler/DST), they are gone for good and won't even
respond to their address being called.

BTW Since TDA6612 controls the volume and source selection like
TDA6611, I suspect it to mute the sound unless it is initialized via
I2C,- just like the TDA6611 and TY45018 etc generally do. So I
wouldn't expect taking the TDA6612 off the BUS would do any good
unless you init it manually via some dongle/software using the
commands from the datasheet.

Sadly as with most of these models the spare part plus labor is mostly
beyond the limit of most customers.

-regards, Robert

Re: Manuals for Blaupunkt TV model BT 70-26 VT, chassis FM550.20
On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 10:41:59 -0700 (PDT), Robert Petras

Thanks. I had already downloaded the datasheet for the TDA6612-5 and
managed to work out the general function.

Thanks, that's brilliant stuff. I was thinking about hooking up my
module to my PC's SMBus and using one of my hardware monitoring
utilities to scan for it, but this is so much better.

BTW, I managed to find IICUNI here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20060511013214/sterr.narod.ru/progs/iicuni.rar

I'll probably continue working on it as an intellectual exercise.
IICUNI has sparked my interest. In the meantime Bush Australia are
chasing the part for me. However they want a Grundig *model* number -
apparently the Grundig *chassis* number was not sufficient. <shrug>

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Manuals for Blaupunkt TV model BT 70-26 VT, chassis FM550.20
On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 17:46:17 +1000, Franc Zabkar

It's SAL Electronics:
http://www.salelectronics.com.au/service.html

BTW, the TFK IC was a U2860B, not a U2840B. Sorry.

- Franc Zabkar