Re: Lead acid charger circuit with float

:Any one have a suitable for a couple of large car battery from my toys
:(old jags) ?
:
:  I have a suitable centre tap transformer with around 14 16 and 18v ac
:
:available at 8 amps or so

There are a number of battery charger designs suitable for a vehicle battery,
but you don't need anything fancy. I reckon an SCR controlled unit is an ideal
choice and here is one example which seems to be workable.
http://www3.telus.net/chemelec/Projects/Car-Battery-Charger/Car-Battery-Charger.htm

Re: Lead acid charger circuit with float
http://www3.telus.net/chemelec/Projects/Car-Battery-Charger/Car-Battery-Charger.htm

MM ,seems o , I might have to spend $10.00 to get it working though :)

Re: Lead acid charger circuit with float

:>
:> :Any one have a suitable for a couple of large car battery from my toys
:> :(old jags) ?
:> :
:> :  I have a suitable centre tap transformer with around 14 16 and 18v ac
:> :
:> :available at 8 amps or so
:>
:>
:> There are a number of battery charger designs suitable for a vehicle battery,
:> but you don't need anything fancy. I reckon an SCR controlled unit is an
ideal
:> choice and here is one example which seems to be workable.
:>
http://www3.telus.net/chemelec/Projects/Car-Battery-Charger/Car-Battery-Charger.htm
:
:
:
:MM ,seems o , I might have to spend $10.00 to get it working though :)

Oh well, you can't have what you want without some cost, can you? :)

Re: Lead acid charger circuit with float

You can actually. Save your transformer and get a busted salt-water
chlorinator unit from a pool shop (check the pile out the back:-).
It'll have a transformer capable of 15-20 amps, and probably a bridge
rectifier for you. Pool shops ditch these all the time after the control
circuits blow.

Re: Lead acid charger circuit with float
battery,
http://www3.telus.net/chemelec/Projects/Car-Battery-Charger/Car-Battery-Charger.htm
Considering the size of the junk box one can hope

Site Timeline