Re: Lead acid charger circuit with float

:Any one have a suitable for a couple of large car battery from my toys :(old jags) ? : : I have a suitable centre tap transformer with around 14 16 and 18v ac : :available at 8 amps or so

There are a number of battery charger designs suitable for a vehicle battery, but you don't need anything fancy. I reckon an SCR controlled unit is an ideal choice and here is one example which seems to be workable.

Ross Herbert

MM ,seems o , I might have to spend $10.00 to get it working though :)

Reply to
atec77

:Ross Herbert wrote: :> On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 17:35:36 +1000, atec77 wrote: :> :> :Any one have a suitable for a couple of large car battery from my toys :> :(old jags) ? :> : :> : I have a suitable centre tap transformer with around 14 16 and 18v ac :> : :> :available at 8 amps or so :> :> :> There are a number of battery charger designs suitable for a vehicle battery, :> but you don't need anything fancy. I reckon an SCR controlled unit is an ideal :> choice and here is one example which seems to be workable. :>

: : : :MM ,seems o , I might have to spend $10.00 to get it working though :)

Oh well, you can't have what you want without some cost, can you? :)

Reply to
Ross Herbert

You can actually. Save your transformer and get a busted salt-water chlorinator unit from a pool shop (check the pile out the back:-). It'll have a transformer capable of 15-20 amps, and probably a bridge rectifier for you. Pool shops ditch these all the time after the control circuits blow.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

battery,

Considering the size of the junk box one can hope

Reply to
atec77