Re: Just bought.....

Yep that was the connection that came with the 1000W Inverter.

That's why I drew the schematic to show ZERO SURFACE AREA of metal to
metal contact.

This is the after pic, I only left it up for the day.

http://pro1og.com/POPCORN.jpg

Block the Satellite LASER2SONIC mindreading/mindspeaking

My face was puffy in the Tank photo.

Herc

Re: Just bought.....
On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 15:30:16 -0700 (PDT), Graham Cooper

of

??????????

Your face isn't in the Tank photo.

http://www.pro1og.com/Tank2.jpg

Shill #2
--
Ears on the loon go round and round, round and round, round and round...
 theobviousgcashman

Re: Just bought.....

A microwave is pretty simple, takes as much power as an aircon but
only run it 5 - 10 minutes a day.

$5000 included my $3000 battery stack which is way more than you need.
But it will keep the batteries lasting forever, run the fridge during
a month of cloud.

This is the $80 20 AMP charger I'm using until I wire up the Amorphous
Panels.

http://pro1og.com/SolarBatts.jpg

For a microwave, or a bit more to add a 12V fridge..

1 150AH battery $700  (I'm using 4 - see pic)
1000W Inverter $800
200W panels $600
20AMP regulator $80

wire.. clips.. bolts.. ladder..

I'm going to look for a variable power microwave this week and the
bread maker, they're only 500W x 3hrs, then I should be able to get by
on my own resources for a few months at a time.

Herc

Re: Just bought.....

A bread maker is far less than 500W x 3 hours. For the first 2 hours
they are only mixing, kneading and waiting. More like 20W for those
two. The baking cycle in the last hour draws the most power.

Re: Just bought.....

OK, Good Guys has a few I'll get the $90 cheapie Kambrook,  the less
features the better and check out the power requirements of the
others.

Still can't find a continuous power level microwave...?

Herc

Re: Just bought.....

I've read about situations like that in the U.S. as well, but only when
the home is well away from existing infrastructure.  Past a certain
distance (1/4 mile?), the utility will charge by the foot to run service
lines.  Get too much farther, and the hookup charge will pay for an off-
the-grid setup.  That's when solar & wind start making good sense.  I
think the "billing charge" portion of the bill here is nominal.  Once
you're connected, nearly all the cost is for usage.  $400/yr just to stay
connected seems outrageous.

Why even bother with a bread maker?  Making the bread by hand isn't
really that tough, just mixing the ingredients, kneeding, etc.  It's
helpful to have a small power mixer to mix the ingredients, but that's a
good general-purpose tool.  The only other thing you need power for is to
cook the bread, and for that you use a general-purpose oven.  To me,
those bread makers are impractical gadgets.
If you really want to be independent, you may even be able to find an old
wood-fired range (not a "wood stove" that's just a heater) and do all
your cooking with wood.  They're not the most convenient, taking a while
to heat up or change temperature, but if you have a supply of wood
nearby, they do the off-the-grid bit very well.  Just be sure to clean
and adjust it properly before use, and to vent it adequately.

Re: Just bought.....

How are those cables (the ones with covered with insulating tape)
actually joined?

If they're just twisted together, they're a fire hazard.

Sylvia.

Re: Re: Just bought.....
On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 17:24:23 +1000, Sylvia Else

Herc is a permanent walking hazard.....

Re: Just bought.....
before
 buy a

I split the 200AMP cable into 8, and the 2 150AMP cables into 4 each.

     ////
===
    \

then I could get them hot enough to take solder.

It should be capable of about 300AMP-400AMP and only runs 100AMP max,
will get it down to 50AMP if I can find a variable power microwave.

It doesn't even get warm running the microwave, but since I had to do
the cables myself I made the loss as small as possible.

problem is it takes 600mA just sitting there...  about 3 of my 30
solar panels just for standby.

Herc

Re: Just bought.....
before

So they're soldered. OK.

Sylvia.

Re: Just bought.....
before

12V * 600mA = 7.2 watts. Do your panels really deliver a total of 72W?

sylvia.

Re: Just bought.....
e:
ies
) before
at
ed to
ld buy a
.

1 amp each amorphous.  8 hours / day effective

= 30/3
= 10 AMP
= 120W continuous on a sunny day (plus night).

Actually they're not installed yet, my drainpipe water has improved
but still murky and needs a pressure cleaner.

So I'll pressure clean the whole roof while I'm up there before I
install the remainder of the panels.

Also have 2 monocrystalline, 80W each will run a fan, light, and
peltier coolers during the day.

i.e   have a main 24 hour 600AmpHour system.

and with my old battery stack will only have enough charge to run from
10am to 10pm if I rig it right.

I have a solar panel powering a 3W LED LAMP all day and into the
evening save hitting the light switch.

So will use the same solar regulated system to kick in fans and
peltier coolers to stop food spoilage.  i.e. peltier coolers running
at 10% capacity to keep under 20 degrees.

Shed heats up during the day, has to be countered.

Herc

Re: Just bought.....
In article <a08c128e-b1dd-427b-8b6e-40b2aaca9534
@t2g2000pbt.googlegroups.com>, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...
or
of

Why don't you have any power Herc???

Oh, of course.

WTF????

--
BDK- Head FUD-Master Blaster. Friend to all kOOkbashers.

Site Timeline