Re: help repair of 21" hp monitor too much screen brightness

every time I have seen this in monitors and TV its open circuit or
high value resistors in the screen circuit (usually on neck board) as
these R values are typically very very high - they are prone to
failure

I would trace the wire back to the source of supply and inspect it for
problems.

on one occasion where the screen voltage failed within the EHT
transformer assembly and couldnt be accessed, I managed to take the
voltage from the collector of the horizontal output transistor and
feed it into the screen via a pot and resistors as a substitute source

it worked well.

Site Timeline