Re: Have you seen one of these?

Hi Jason,

Thanks.  I have butchered a card and found that it's made up of two layers
of plastic laminated over a very thin black layer of something.
Unfortunately, the cards are too well made to be able to split the halves
apart.

Still haven't had any luck in finding a pinout / protocol doc for the device
though.  I suspect that it *might* be RS-232 so I'm going to guess at the
power cords, plug it in and see what happens.  Might blow a serial port, but
what the hell :)

Re: Have you seen one of these?

It's probably a Weigand protocol over rs485 interface.

Site Timeline