Garage door remote

I have used a battery of the wrong voltage in a garage door remote and now it doesn't work even with the correct battery. Could I have broken it by using the wrong battery?

Reply to
Boris

>> I have used a battery of the wrong voltage in a garage door remote

> >> and now it doesn't work even with the correct battery. Could I have > >> broken it by using the wrong battery? > > > > Insufficient information. Don't you think it would be useful to give the > > actual voltages? > > > > No I didn't and I think I was right in that. > > But anyway, I think the correct voltage is 12V and I used a 1.5V or > something... > >

If you put a lower voltage battery instead of 12v, it wouldnt damage the remote.

However if the remote only takes 1.5 volt battery, then the remote is probably damaged.

Also check that the polarity when you put the batter in corresponds, so that the "+" is on "+" and "-" is on the "-".

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

These devices are Idiot Proof (apparently not), they put diodes in the circuit to prevent people from putting them in wrong way round.

Reply to
son of a bitch

snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com...

ve

the

How does one put a diode in "the wrong way around"?

Reply to
Coach

The up & down door direction functions will be reversed. Having BOTH the diode and the battery reversed will however correct this.

Reply to
K Ludger