Re: Future of UHF CB etc

Mot Adv wrote...

>> 400Mhz, future of UHF CB et al >Didn't think that CBs were used much these days. do truckies still use 'em >and what about the 27mhz sets?

I think AM (27 MHz) CB is used a lot by boating people, while UHF (477 MHz) CB is still used a lot by truckies.

Craig.

-- Craig's Saab C900 Page at | Craig's Classic Saab Workshop - Sydney .au

and other URL's Email: snipped-for-privacy@lios.apana.org.au | For Saab 99/C900/9000 Enthusiasts World-Wide! Alternate: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com | Web-forums, galleries, library, links, etc.

Reply to
Saab C900 Viggenist

27MHz marine is not CB.
Reply to
mathewm

A lot of boats use a specific part of the 27Mhz CB. UHF CB is widely used by trucks, many landholders and many rural fire services. Also used extensively by recreational groups such as 4wd clubs for intervehicle communications.

JD

Reply to
JD