Re: FET Equivalent required

"Phil Allison"

2. Buy a few 2N5459s and try them.
** You can also use 2N5457s or MPF105s.

Try Farnell or eBay for 2N5459s.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks Phil. I've put in a request with the aussie importer, we'll see if i get a reply any time soon.. meanwhile, i'll give you other suggestions a go.

cheers,

tim.

Reply to
timbo

"timbo" Phil Allison

** " PTMe " here in Sydney is advertising 10 x 2N5459s for 99c on eBay now.

Old stock for sure ( left over from making PTM brand amplifiers ) but likely perfect.

A lifetime supply for $1 plus post is OK.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

not bad at all.

just got a reply from Audio products Group:

Part Number 70405951 Description 2N5951 FET TRANSISTOR 30V N-CH

Availability IN STOCK

Price $22.50 ex GST

Freight $8.00 ex GST

Ouch!

apart from a 25Vdg/gs vs 30Vdg/gs, the 2N5459 looks like a pretty close match.

better get on ebay methinks..

thanks Phil.

cheers,

tim.

Reply to
timbo

Still, at least they told you the type number.

Reply to
ian field

yep. handy that :)

cheers,