Re: Fax machine

Not something you can pick up from something like Dick Smith?

Re: Fax machine

I have two of the NatComm fax switches (one used, one
unused/opened/tested spare) here.  Worked fine with Hellstra's Duet
service until they fscked me around regarding number blocks at the
exchange.  As a result I dropped Duet and now only ever send faxes.

If anyone wants to make an offer ... (they are the grey cased model
before the snazzy decorated black one on their website (see below).

Not since the decline in popularity of fax, if ever

National Communications (Aust) Pty Ltd manufacture a whole raft of
telecomms switching etc hardware, including fax switches.  Their Duet
Switches may provide the functionality you require.
(http://www.natcomm.com.au/au/faxstream-duet-switches-and-fax-switches/duet-switches /),

The good news is that you can easily ask them about your current
hardware.

No connection other than a satisfied customer.

Re: Fax machine

(http://www.natcomm.com.au/au/faxstream-duet-switches-and-fax-switches/duet-switches /),

Are these switches reliable?   How do they work?   Would it ever be possible
for example to miss a fax and for it go through to the answering machine?

Re: Fax machine

leave a voice message.  Is this possible?

(http://www.natcomm.com.au/au/faxstream-duet-switches-and-fax-switches/duet-switches /),

Not completely unless you use Duet and it costs more.

That varys. With Duet, the exchange puts tones on the
line to indicate which of the two numbers got the call.

If you dont use Duet, it has to try to work out if its a fax calling or not.

While most faxes do present the characteristic tones on the line that
allow the receiver to decide if its a fax or not, not all faxes do that.

the answering machine?

Without using Duet, yes, particularly with faxes than dont put the tones on the
line when they call.

Re: Fax machine

leave a voice message.  Is this possible?
(http://www.natcomm.com.au/au/faxstream-duet-switches-and-fax-switches/duet-switches /),

correct. especially the spammers

the answering machine?
the line when they call.

yes

--
rgds,

Pete
Re: Fax machine
On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 14:04:41 +1100, "Rod Speed"

(http://www.natcomm.com.au/au/faxstream-duet-switches-and-fax-switches/duet-switches /),

No it doesn't.  All Duet ("Distinctive Ring") does is present a
different ring cadence for each service number.  It is then up to the
receiving equipment (human or machine) to decide what to do with the
call.

These NatComm switches route the alternate cadence calls to a
different port.  This routing is based solely on the ring cadence and
takes place before the line is looped ("answered").

In the normal SOHO configuration, the fax is connected to the
alternate port while the phone is connected to the standard cadence
port.  That way, any unanswered phone calls don't wind up at the fax.

the answering machine?
line when they call.

Site Timeline