Re: Ersa soldering station from Farnell

"Trevor Wilson"

 **  Very nice.

 **  Nice.

 **  Told ya the 290 watt thing was a phurphy.

 **  Like powering down when you forget it.

 **  Never hurts.

 **   Cripes  -   maybe it can be upgraded ?

 ** Huh   -  its only 8 mm dia.

   What is the issue compared to say a Weller or Hakko  ??

  **  Is that feint praise ?

..........  Phil

Re: Ersa soldering station from Farnell

**Maybe. It'd require some surgery though.

**After using the 0.4mm tip, I find the size thing not much of an issue. I
can imagine that in a tight spot it could be a problem.

**Nope. I've used it for the following over the last few days:

* Desoldering and re-soldering DIP ICs.
* Desoldering and re-soldering various passives and various styles of
transistors.
* Removing and replacing SMD ICs.
* Removing and replacing copper shielding around front end assemblies.

It has performed all the above functions perfectly. It is a MUCH better iron
than the Microns, Wellers and others I have used previously. I've used a
Hakko and I feel it is probably a little better than that too. Still, my
only long term experience with Hakkos is with my Hakko desoldering station
(which is presently buggered).

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au