Re: Electrostatic discharge on bus?

I have discovered several times after I leave the bus seat and grab the

> stainless > steel pole, there was a pak sound. Is that a ESD? Are the charges from my > hand > or the pole? > > >

Place your hand into contact with the pole BEFORE and DURING your exit from the seat.

Reply to
Lord Garth

Or the leg of any free standing woman :)

Reply to
I Caught Kate

"> > >

from

Keep the pole firmly gripped in the other hand, watch out for thedischarge.

Reply to
rob

Either that or the seats are loose held only by one or two bolts

Reply to
I Caught Kate

My cat goes seriously electric in cold dry weather. I was lying in bed one night and the cat was sitting on my chest. I dozed off, then the cat decided she wanted more attention, and touched her paw to my nose........

sr

Reply to
Steve Ralph

The perfect solution here would be to just kill the cat.

Reply to
operator jay

one

The same thing happened whenever JMF wanted to kiss me. It got so bad I'd insist he ground himself out before touching my lips. Then I got smart and put more moisture in the air. No more sparking. It also saved computer gear.

/BAH

Subtract a hundred and four for e-mail.

Reply to
jmfbahciv

I usually sit when it is an empty row, and without any sternly looking person behind me. I worry they might come and strangle me like what they did in the Godfather. I have a constant fear of people coming close to me.

Reply to
Acceed See

Eat more garlic. That'll keep people away.

Also try picking your nose slowly.

And practice belching and loud farting.

And develop an allergy to soap and water.

Tom Davidson Richmond, VA

Reply to
tadchem

The one I hate is insanely fat people...

Ever had one of those sit next to you?

I had a guy sit next to me one week and he PONGED absolutely ponged. I don't know what it is about obese people but they smell more then the average person seems to.

On way to work some weeks there is a lady who takes up almost the entire two seats when she sits down. It's sad to see walking heart attacks like this in public.

--
John

Life is short. Try to help each other.
Reply to