Re: Electrolytic capacitors

"Terry Given"

**  Enter  " bob parker esr meter " into google.

Catch up on what the rest of us have known for a decade.

.......  Phil

Re: Electrolytic capacitors

Thanks Phil,

its quite nice, but only measures LF ESR..... unless the whole shebang
is done in less than 100us (which it aint).

I used to use a variant of that technique, which also allows me to
measure ESL, over a much shorter timespan (< 100ns). It uses a pulse
generator, a scope and 2 10R resistors - I pinched it from Howard
Johnsons book "high speed digital design", which is a fabulous book BTW.

But about 6 months ago I bought an HP3577 network analyser, so now I
just measure the complex impedance from 5Hz to 200MHz :)

Cheers
Terry

Re: Electrolytic capacitors

Hi Phil,
   Thanks for answering their questions and explaining what the meter
was designed for. After 10 years of being asked the same questions
over and over, it gets kinda tiring. Thanks for always supporting it
too... much appreciated.

Bob

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 19:04:37 +1100, "Phil Allison"

Re: Electrolytic capacitors

"Bob Parker"

**  No problem.

It is often easier and more effective for an outsider to explain/defend a
design than the one person who is inherently in the "hot seat"  !

BTW

How is that US  TV show of yours going  ??

........  Phil

Re: Electrolytic capacitors

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 21:09:56 +1100, "Phil Allison"

   See http://www.priceisrightinfo.com/ for all the info on my daytime
job!!

Bob

Re: Electrolytic capacitors

"Bob Parker"
 "Phil Allison"

 **  ROTFL  !!

 Had no idea you were the  "matinee idol"  type  !!

Site Timeline