Re: Digital TV: Why do we have to have it?

And why replace it with Something worse?

For me Digital offers Inferior performance to Analogue TV. I am probably a
bit less than 30KM from the Transmitters and receive good clean Picture
quality on analogue however the STB (I am now on my Second STB the first had
a noticeable delay between Audio and Picture in addition to the other
problems) often pixelates, freezes and causes loud short squeals.

I do not own a HD TV nor can I justify the cost at the moment so I do not
actually get any benefit from Digital TV unless I was prepared to spend more
money.

I am not really sure why I bothered with the STB -except a Friend lent them
to me long term (ie they were/are free) and I generally find watching
analogue TV a lot less of a nuisance (due to the issues listed above) so I
tend to watch Analogue and probably  will until the ignorant sods turn it
off.

I am starting to get the feeling that where the 80's and 90's may have been
about getting Technology to improve performance - ie CD players etc that the
push nowadays is for Consumers to accept lower quality goods ie Digital TV,
Typical 'Home theater Systems' MP3 Players and Mobile phones.

Re: Digital TV: Why do we have to have it?

"Richard Freeman"

 **  Get a DSE   $135  STB for 7 day approval trial.

If your analogue pic is really OK all the time  -  then so will the pic from
this STB.

** A STB's pic quality looks very ordinary if  the RF out is used to feed an
old TV.  Your 20 year old bomb with no AV inputs is a joke.

 ( I know Mr Freeman and his TV. )

A STB's pic quality look even worse like if the composite output is
connected to a VCR video input so the modulator feeds an old TV  -  so the
STB's signal can be recorded.

 **  Cos they are both crook STBs  -  some early ones were.

 **   First class results are there to be had -  but not with a bomb TV and
dud boxes.

Site Timeline