Re: Commercial opportunity for a collaborative project

I am sorry to have to say this - but I it just makes me so sad that
someone, without having the faintest idea of what I am wanting to
DISCUSS would see fit to make such a damaging statement. For heavens
sake, we would not even have electricity or cars if Eddison or Ford
had allowed themselves to have their dreams stolen by the naysayers.
The world was not built by naysayers and those content to have no
vision. It was built by people with a vision and the courage to see
their vision come alive - posssibly with some failures along the way
(although it was the failures which helped produced final success).

I myself have not been successful through a lack of foresight and hard
work. I did anticipate some degree of this type of thinking although
not so early in the piece without at least an outline of the proposed
project (which may not even work - but there again it might!!)  This
is why I specified a list of personal qualities that I was seeking
from any interested person.

Please, anyone - if you feel you are such a person, I would like to
hear from you. Conversation is free. Generally I would appreciate it
if restraint could be exercised from airing sentiments of a viperous
nature - life is simply too short for this sort of thing!!

Bryan

Re: Commercial opportunity for a collaborative project

"bryann ego"
"Phil Allison"

[...]

** Watch out  -   this guy is a certified loony.

.......  Phil

Re: Commercial opportunity for a collaborative project

If you have been so successful then why not pay someone to do the job
you need instead of trying to get it done for nix? Then you can keep
all the profits for yourself!

What you are asking for is someone to do something for you for nix, in
the vein hope that it might be successful and they might actually get
some money back for their work some day. Nothing wrong with asking of
course, but in this industry ideas are a dime-a-thousand, and a
ridiculously small percentage of product ideas actually make it.

So unfortunately, not only have you asked this on a group where people
are most able to help you out, they are also the most able to
understand the (very small) likelihood of getting a return on their
"investment".

Regards
Dave.

Re: Commercial opportunity for a collaborative project

Then again, there are certainly some people who follow these sorts of
newsgroups with no experience and a lot of idealism that could very easily
get into something that's way over their depth, and end up getting burnt.
Guys, by all means check it out if it looks interesting, but consult someone
with experience that's external to the venture if it looks like getting at
all serious, and don't sign *anything* unless you get proper advice.

Re: Commercial opportunity for a collaborative project

I'll try and give you a bit of helpful feedback.

Umm,  these guys did their own work.

YOU "have an idea" = no real work on your part", but partner has to do
real work and incurr real cost in research, design, protyping, etc.

 > that I was seeking from any interested person.

Unfortunately, sounds like a lot of hoopla. HR/PR people think that
sounds really great, but for practical people that could deliver what
you want, it is like a enormous warning klaxon and a big LED sign sayig
BULLSHIT.

Note you are again demanding stuff from other people without
demonstrating how you have been successful in the past.

If people have been around for a few years, then they have had a gutful
of people with simple ideas that will make a fortune. You are not the
first and unfortunately, will not be the last.

Quite a few people have successfully posted on this newsgroup wanting
assistance/partners. Have a look at how they did it.

Site Timeline