Re. Chinglish

The reality is they don't need to sell the stuff to you (I presume
that you are Australian, as this is aus.electronics). The
Australian market is so small that they do not rate even a half
hearted translations.

The bulk of thier products are for internal use only and whatever
leftover, could be sold to dumb Aussies that have more money than
brain to make the stuff themself.

Other than bootleg stuff, to sell stuff to Aussies, they have to
pass  some standard to suit the Australian climate, safety, red
tape, bad breath and smelly feet.  It cost money and time to do so.

Most of the goods you buy with bad translation are the stuff that
Aussie importers brought in.  They finance the illegal imports,
they make these utterly useless translation of the perfectly
understandable original Chinese instruction.  Put your blame to
them aussie importers, not manufacturer.

Theirs are the superior language for they are the manufacturer of
the goods YOU need, that you CANNOT produce YOURSELF.  You on the
other hand are the beggar that begs them to export some of these
stuff to you coz you are too stupid, lazy and far into footy to get
things done.  Well, beggars can't be chooser!

Live with it you plick!

Par.

Re: Re. Chinglish

finger to keyboard and composed:

The same poor quality documentation is supplied with products that are
sold to the US and EU markets.

I would think that the bulk goes to the USA and EU.

Manufacturing doesn't require brains, but design does. China has the
unfair advantage of free prison labour, impotent labour unions, nil
respect for workplace safety, and a non-floating exchange rate, to
name just a few. No western economy can compete against a nation which
kills at least 6000 miners every year. However, I agree that the
Australian economy has been grossly mismanaged during the last
century. A country that has the lion's share of the world's resources
should be at the top of the heap. If Japan had prevailed during WW2,
I'm sure they could have achieved within a few decades what it took
the British two centuries to do.

Huh? You can't be serious? *Every* product in *every* market must be
capable of withstanding a reasonable temperature range. In any case,
the Australian climate is hardly extreme. As for safety, see my
comments regarding 6000 dead Chinese miners ...

When I worked in Singapore, the local distributor of Seagate hard
drives was offering extended warranties at a cost of 1% of cost price
for each additional year up to an extra three years, a paltry 3% in
total. The distributor was truly surprised when I opted to pay the
additional cost. Apparently the cost conscious locals rarely took up
the offer.

Please explain.

I can't comment on this. However, I *have* noticed errors in the
firmware of certain devices. Presumably the importer has no control
over this. Grammatical errors such as "softwares" are indicative of
translations done by Chinese speakers.

I'm sad that you should interpret fair comment as a racial slur.
Clearly you have had some bad personal experience that has coloured
your thinking. Do you imagine that someone with a name like mine has
had any easier time in an Anglosaxon society?

I have lived and worked in Asia for around three years, in Korea,
China, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, and Singapore. I have always been
treated very well by the ordinary folk (business people are another
matter), and I have many good Asian friends. In fact, I think I might
email a copy of the subject manual to a Singaporean friend just to see
if she finds it as hilarious as I do. At least I know *she* won't be
offended.

FWIW, the STB belongs to a friend who AFAIK has never had a racist
thought. In fact his first wife was Japanese, his second a Filipina.
And no, they weren't mail order brides.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Re. Chinglish

I think you are right, I may be colored by bad experiences.

I regret my burst of emotion.

Par.

Re: Re. Chinglish

 One day Parmin got dressed and committed to text

Spoken like a man !!  well done. You can stand tall in this NG.

--
Regards ..... Rheilly Phoull

Re: Re. Chinglish

A man alone in this NG.  I am yet to see anyone (myself included)
apologising for having a rush of blood to the head.

Mike

Re: Re. Chinglish

Could be that them blokes are too busy enjoying a rush of blood elsewhere in
the body :)

Re: Re. Chinglish

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 08:19:36 GMT, Moses Lim

"The problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only
enough blood to run one at a time."

- Robin Williams

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Re. Chinglish

in

Either one usually ends in trouble of one sort or another.

Site Timeline