Re: Bloody digital!

Too much compression. They can vary the compression at their end to whatever
they want.
The standard def channels like 7 can really suck. Try watching fast moving
sport action on a standard def channel and you'll see it all the time.
The HD channels are much better and will rarely have this problem. So the
rule is to watch the HD version of the channel (70)unless they are
annoyingly displaying a different show on the HD channel. Even if you don't
have a HD capable TV, it's worth getting a HD box just for this.

It's nothing to do with signal strength, digital TV either works or it
doesn't. If the signal strength is too low to image will freeze, not
pixelate.

Dave.

Re: Bloody digital!

"Rheilly Phoull"

** That was going on a lot at the recent live Golf in Melbourne and Sydney.

The on-course commentators were using back pack portable radio links to the
OB van -  which I suspect were not terribly reliable at getting through
obstacles like crowds of people or thick vegetation etc.

.....  Phil

Re: Bloody digital!

"on-course commentators", pray tell?  Commentators aren't allowed on
the course.  They are allowed to stand only just off the course.  I
hope that both helps AND informs.

Re: Bloody digital!

"Superman"

**  ROTFLMAO  !!!

...  Phil

Re: Bloody digital!

"Super Stupid man"

** For the benefit of readers living outside VIC.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wild-thunderstorms-lash-victoria/story-e6frf7jo-1225815371184

.....  Phil

Re: Bloody digital!

 "Super Stupid man"
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wild-thunderstorms-lash-victoria/story-e6frf7jo-1225815371184

 **  Errrrrrrr   -    yes .....

......  Phil

Super Stupid man

 "Super Stupid man"

 Phil Allison
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wild-thunderstorms-lash-victoria/story-e6frf7jo-1225815371184

** Blah, blah, blah   -   more tedious bullshit.

The issue is  LIGHTNING  !!!

How much, what kind and where all make a difference.

Lightning does  NOT have to be visible to  YOU  to interfere with the pix on
your TV.

With analogue TV you see bursts of noise on the screen  -   with DTV you get
pixilation or worse.

What planet have you been living on  -   was it Krypton by any chance ??

.....  Phil

Re: Super Stupid man

That would be you for thinking that just because someone doesn't know a
lot about a particular subject, it means that they're stupid. How much
do you know about Medieval literature for example? Or Palaeoecology? Or
maybe carpentry or plumbing? Does it mean you're stupid if you know SFA
about any of those subjects, or a myriad of others I could mention? I
know far more about electronics matters than the average person, but
unlike you I don't consider that makes others stupid.

Re: Super Stupid man

Phil considers everyone to be stupid, with the exception of himself. He
is totally unbiased in this respect.

Sylvia.

Re: Super Stupid man

"Super Stupid man"

**  ROTFLMAO  !!!

...  Phil

Re: Super Stupid man

K6V%m.66510$ze1.19904@news-server.bigpond.net.au

Nah, your blog makes you stoopid, blofelds_moron....

Re: Bloody digital!

"Super Stupid man"

**  ROTFLMAO  !!!

...  Phil

Re: Bloody digital!

No matter how hard you try to look smarter than you are we are never
fooled you meatpipe gobbling troll

Re: Bloody digital!

situation?

Yep, if it's showing max signal, that would be the first thing to try. I
have to use an attenuator for SBS (no amplifier, just a strong signal)

MrT.

Re: Bloody digital!

Yep, and even worse was the horrible screeches on the audio. No guarantees
that is your problem however.

MrT.

Site Timeline