RE Bigpond news server - Page 5

Re: RE Bigpond news server

my phone cost $49 all up, it is prepaid my credit expires in 2115

Re: RE Bigpond news server

Or a month after you actually start using it.

Trevor.

Re: RE Bigpond news server

I've had accounts with all three, and in my experience Telstra is
*easily* the absolute worst in terms of staff knowledge and customer
service, and by a very long way. Their only saving grace is that they
have the best network coverage, which forces you between a rock and a
hard place.

If ever there was a country that needed a *massive* telecommunications
overhaul it's this one.

Noddy.

Re: RE Bigpond news server

Well it's a long time since I could afford Telstra, but the service once was
far better than anything I've ever had from Optus or Vodaphone :-(

That's what John Howard gave us :-(  Now we get to spend more taxpayer money
to upgrade the network than it was sold for. Lost the $5B every year they
were getting in revenue *after* network upgrade costs. Seen a triplication
of networks at great expense, a loss of a hundred thousand jobs in Telstra
and support industries, and the customer service has gotten worse.
Unfortunately the government can't "fix" it now, even with an NBN.

Trevor.

Re: RE Bigpond news server

Not today.

Thank Paul Keating. It was his deficit that Forced Howard to sell half
of Telstra in the first place.

Noddy.

Re: RE Bigpond news server
You really are a fckwitt , we all know JH's response was to solve the
massive debt Keating created , another labor fskup

--

Re: RE Bigpond news server

Hey All,

Yes, it seems there are some issues with news.bigpond.com.

I had used it exclusively through outlook express / Windows live mail since
the mid 90's, mainly for text newsgroup "forums" & the occasional binary
download.....

It had become notoriously unreliable in the past 12 months or so, and after
some frustrating phone calls with numerous Telstra "techs" I finally got on
to a fellow who knew what the hell I was talking about who was a great help
in getting the service going again (He has now moved on)

Then for last few months where the service strangely started alternating
between working on my work comp -(W7 - WLM) and home Computer - (XP - OLE) -
Yes, it would work on one comp, but not the other ... very strange...

Until now, when it doesn't work at all on either machine

I have now changed to a free server : news.aioe.org which I believe does not
support binaries and is apparently slow, but as I only browse a few text
based newsgroup "forums" these days, it seems to suit my need, and works on
both machines...

Cheers,

Gary

Brisbane Queensland Australia

You really are a fckwitt , we all know JH's response was to solve the
massive debt Keating created , another labor fskup

--

Re: RE Bigpond news server

Re: RE Bigpond news server

The last time this happened, I could not access newsgroups using Outlook Ex
press via Bigpond. For years I could, then one day I couldn't I waited for
a few weeks and then I tried Bigpond "Technical Support".It took hours and
I was shunted back and forth between barely literate teenaged girls who did
n't have the faintest idea what I was talking about. They were ignorant and
 stupid and rude, they had never heard of Newsgroups but knew there was no
such thing and the idea that I had ever accessed them using Bigpond was pre
posterous. They were unanimous in the sure and certain belief that it was a
ll Microsoft's fault, whatever my complaint was. I was astounded that they
had so little knowledge of anything to do with Bigpond. In a well-run socie
ty they would have
starved to death.
Some weeks later newsgroups re-appeared, and now they have vanished again.
It is pathetic but brooding is fruitless.

Re: RE Bigpond news server

Express via Bigpond. For years I could, then one day I couldn't I waited for a
few weeks and then I tried Bigpond "Technical Support".It took hours and I was
shunted back and forth between barely literate teenaged girls who didn't have
the faintest idea what I was talking about. They were ignorant and stupid and
rude, they had never heard of Newsgroups but knew there was no such thing and
the idea that I had ever accessed them using Bigpond was preposterous. They were
unanimous in the sure and certain belief that it was all Microsoft's fault,
whatever my complaint was. I was astounded that they had so little knowledge of
anything to do with Bigpond. In a well-run society they would have
is pathetic but brooding is fruitless.

So nothing has changed since I had BP cable thirteen years ago.

Site Timeline