RE Bigpond news server - Page 4

Re: RE Bigpond news server

Let go and let some blood flow through before it drops off.

Noddy.

Re: RE Bigpond news server

Without any competition to measure against you can't tell if the service
was good or not. It just *was*.

They used to do some dumb shit in those days too though, like tell you
that you could only have your phone in a certain part of the house and
make you wait 37 years for a connection.

Noddy.

Re: RE Bigpond news server

Until it's privatised and gets even worse. Then you can compare what *was*
with what is. Just like the banks, electricity, public transport etc.

Trevor.

Re: RE Bigpond news server

Well, kinda. Things are very different today but it's across the board.

Noddy.

Re: RE Bigpond news server

So what, not as much revenue either. As service demand increases, and
revenue increases, the support staff used to increase as necessary. Only now
they don't :-(

Trevor.

Re: RE Bigpond news server

I was dishing it out, Bighead, know-nothing. :-)

--
Take Care.     ~~
Feral Al    ( @..@)

English is new to you, huh?

Noddy.

Re: RE Bigpond news server

What has competition got to do with service? It can make it better
sometimes, or worse in many other cases. Especially when private profit is
the sole consideration.

Trevor.

Re: RE Bigpond news server

Everything.

private profit is

What would be a legitimate example of competition actually making
something worse?

Noddy.

Re: RE Bigpond news server

Maybe but competition in a lot of areas is increasing and service is
getting worse, competition can cause downward pressure on prices so no
money left for good service which is certainly so in the cleaning industry.
Some companies under quote then do a crap job, they usually don't keep
their contracts long but they put pressure on other business's that
quote properly.

See above, competition is usually good for consumers where price is the
main consideration but it doesn't always deliver the best service.

Daryl

Re: RE Bigpond news server

Yeah but that's bad for the business. We're talking about what's good
for the customer.

It doesn't, but then these days service doesn't seem to be related to
price like it used to be.

Noddy.

Re: RE Bigpond news server

So nothing in particular then.

Gas, electricity, water, public transport, telephone.... do I really need to
go on?

Trevor.

Re: RE Bigpond news server

Yeah, you'd need to give a specific example of how those things were
actually made worse.

Noddy.

Re: RE Bigpond news server

Maybe not, but it was far better once than it is now.

Trevor.

Re: RE Bigpond news server
Back when it was Telecom, perhaps, but definitely when it was just a
part of the PMG.

    Cheers,
        Gary    B-)

--
When men talk to their friends, they insult each other.
They don't  really mean it.

I'm happy with my pre paid $49 phone because I only use it for occasional
calls, The coverage for my volunteer work is a clear benefit

Re: RE Bigpond news server

That's a problem when you don't make many calls and still have to pay $49 a
month because that is the expiry time for credits. There are far cheaper
options for those making few calls, but as I said, nowhere near the same
coverage.

Trevor.

Re: RE Bigpond news server
I have a second phone with a vodaphone sim which cost $2 and $20
recharge for 12 months  the whole lot discounted 10% (although you have
to put up with vodaphone coverage)

Re: RE Bigpond news server

And their constant bombarding you with TXT messages advertising other
services.

I used to have Vodaphone 12 month expiry on the spare phones in the
cars. As they have been expiring I;'ve been switching to Amaysim -
Optus network and you only pay for what you use - no use, no bill. In
fact if your use is under $15 they just roll it into the following
month. And, unlike vodaphone, data works.
--

Re: RE Bigpond news server

Right, exactly as I said, you pay a HIGH price for Telstra coverage, even if
you don't use it much. I would be happier to pay a high price only for the
calls I actually make.

Trevor.

Site Timeline