Re: Before you buy a Daikin airconditioner...

My Daikin airconditioner failed to work when required last night. >

> Since I'm not about to pay a $88 callout fee and $88 per hour for some > technician to replace a fuse, I took the cover off the external unit for > a look see. > > Unfortunately, the fuses are intact, and there's nothing obviously wrong > with the the circuit board, other than that it appears completely dead. > It has an array of diagnostic diodes, or which one is meant to be > flashing continously. There's a chart on an internal plastic cover that > appears to be telling me that the board is faulty. My guess is that when > the technician arrives he's going to tell me it needs replacing. > > Now, I've said that there's nothing obviously wrong with it. That's > perhaps overstating it. Here's a picture of part of it > >
> Note the obvious corrosion of the circuit tracks. The circuit board is > inside the unit's box, but is otherwise totally unprotected from the > elements and wildlife. Insects can crawl around the board, doing what > insects do, and evidently have. I removed a dead spider and some of its > web. There was also quite a lot of dirt before I blew it away. > > Now, this air conditioner has worked without fault for eight years or > so, but it hasn't really been used that much - no more than a couple of > weeks per year maximum. The state of the board may or may not be the > cause of the failure, but surely a circuit board stuck outside should be > better protected than this. > > So, before you buy a Daikin (or any other brand, I suppose) find out > whether the circuit board is just expected to fend for itself in the > outside world. > > Sylvia. > >

There is a nice and knowledgable electronics guy in aus.electronics thay may be alble to help out with the circuit board.

His name is Phill Allison.

Reply to
Anonymous

Oh a funny bastard (thats tard)

Reply to
atec77

<snip>

If you haven't already, email or write to Daikin Australia. Point out that you thought the circuit board would be in a sealed container to protect it from damp etc as you have said, and ask what they can do about it. They might come to the party and charge nothing, or at least cover the cost of the tech's time to replace it.

snipped-for-privacy@daikin.com.au

Reply to
noone