Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.

For us, as exporters it is simple. The jobs leave the shores, never to
return as they are simply too hi-tech to easily bring back. We keep putting
more on in our Asian plant and retrenching locals.

Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.

What have you personally done about that? Ever started your own
business? Or have you always expected to be an employee, leaving
the hard yards of starting thing to others? (Like most Australians...)
If you want jobs here, you have to start businesses that are globally
competitive, there's no sense in whinging that others haven't done it
for you.

That's the beef I have with the "Buy Australian" campaign. All very
well and good, but where is our "Sell Australian" campaign? Our
dollar will only climb as high as the value we offer to the world.

Clifford Heath.

Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.

What someone like you does is completely irrelevant.

Our currency relativity is entirely determined by the mining
boom and what the stupid yanks do about their deficits etc.

Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.

Bullshit. What everyone in Australia does is relevant.

In my personal case, well over a hundred million dollars has
come into this country, mostly into the pockets of more than
one thousand employees of the startups whose technology I've
created. You think that, as a small sample of what most
individuals in Australia are capable of, makes no difference?

'cos if you do, you really are an idiot.

Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.
Yes he really is an idiot of the first magnitude
  the grand poohbah of idiots

--

Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.

you.

Fact.

Utterly mindless silly stuff. That aint what drives the currency conversion rate
with the USD.

country, mostly into the pockets of more

Easy to claim. Have fun actually substantiating that claim.

capable of, makes no difference?

Nope, that it aint the reason the $A is at an historic high.

Wota stunning line in rational argument you have there, child.

Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.
country, mostly into the pockets of more

I have a list of names, phone numbers, and stack of financial reports
here that says otherwise. Bet you wouldn't actually check though.
I invented the technology of Australia's first .com.au domain holder,
while I was working at HP. When HP ditched it in 1990, we bought it and
the resulting company was profitable every year for the following ten.
That tech was used by Tandem to build the NASDAQ trading system, for
example. But it's not about me. It's about what all ordinary Aussies
can do, if they get out of their servile ruts.

capable of, makes no difference?

It's not the main reason - the main reason is that the US$ has slumped,
and will continue to, until they start producing value equivalent to
what they consume.  But it is still *a* reason. We also must produce
more than we consume/waste if we are to remain well-off. That means
mining, but it means a lot of other things too, and you know it.

Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.

This is where I call bullshit.
1. you need the skill/knowledge
2. you need the opportunity
3. you must have the money.
4. you ned to survive the competition.

Sad that all we can produce is to ship off the basic bits of our
country.really we are nothing better than a third world country growing
coca  beans, tea, etc.

Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.

ruts.

Thats a pig ignorant lie.

tea, etc.

And that is in spades. There might just be a reason we didnt even get a
recession with the GFC.

Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.

Exports to China remained strong, and that means our dirt.

Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.

5. and you must get off your arse and have a go.

Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.

what was that phrase you used? Oh, survile(?) employee.

And have the opportunity, but with your attitude, you would fail to
understand why companies very much depend on employees who do what the
company wants.

Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.

rate with the USD.
Actually, it is very close, but individual people are probably a small
part of the total force. Basically, people with $US see they can get
higher interest investing in Australia than they can at home in the USA,
plud Australia currently has a very stable currency compared to the rest
of the world, so it is a no brainer that they send there money here for
the higher interest. Loaning it out for say an Aussie home loan at
$200K-400K is nothing to the billions loaned out to buy large capital
investment like mine vehicles and development.

Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.

Pigs arse it is.

The real reason for that historic high is the demise of the USD,
nothing to do with what everyone in this country does.

'the total force' is irrelevant to the conversion rate.

Australia than they can at home in the USA,
the world, so it is a no brainer that they

That aint the reason for the historic high either and that higher interest
rate has been true for years now, we have only just recently seen the
currency conversion rate peak. Have fun explaining that.

billions loaned out to buy large capital

That aint borrowed in australian dollars.

Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.

Then they would be exceedingly foolish not to and so would the bank/fund
loaning the money.

Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.

And its been true that our interest rates have been substantially higher
than theirs for the whole of your pathetic excuse for a lifetime too.

Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.

Which rock have you been under?

Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.
A very slimy one ?

--

Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.

theirs for the whole of your pathetic

Any 2 year old could leave that for dead.

Get one to help you before posting again.

If anyone is actually stupid enough to let you anywhere near one.

Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.
than theirs for the whole of your pathetic
Rules of the internet - any discussion with Rod Speed or Phil Allison
will end with insults.

Site Timeline