Re: A Quesion for Sylvia Else (stun guns) - Page 5

Re: A Quesion for Sylvia Else (stun guns)

So, you make an assertion, fail to provide any evidence to support
that assertion when asked, and then only provide some fresh evidence
when challenged.

**You were already informed, by another poster of the facts. Idiot.

Nice to know that's the way you operate, everybody be advised, one way
of getting this thick skulled zealot to actually make some sort of
lame attempt to support in inane assertions is abuse. Dear Trevor is
apprently of the "treat 'em mean and keep 'em keen" brigade.

I guess this means you're still beating your "partner"?

Your article does not state the fellow was licenced to own firearms,
only that he was a member of a pistol club, do you have any evidence
to support your asertion that he was a legal, licenced gun owner or
not?

**You belong to a gun club. How many members of your gun club are not
licensed to own firearms? Stop wasting my time with your stupidity. The guy
was a gun club member. Like you, he is clearly brain damaged and owns guns.
Like you, he probably never used a respirator whilst shooting.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: A Quesion for Sylvia Else (stun guns)
The "other" poster only said that the report said that he was a member
and that he had stolen a pistol not that he was licensed to have pistols.
It just shows your ignorance on the subject if you think that all
members of pistol clubs are licensed to own pistols.

Re: A Quesion for Sylvia Else (stun guns)

I have no idea how many members of my club are licenced to own
firearms and how many use club guns.
a. why do you ask?
b. what business is it of yours?

You didn't say he was a gun club member, you said he was a,"legal,
licenced gun owner", you've provided no evidence to support that
assertion, you've offered some abuse and childish name calling, which
is of course to be expected, but no evidence to actually support the
assertion you made.

I wouldn't have to "waste your time" if you provided evidence to
support your assertions when asked for them, would I Trevor?

I'll again ask that you cease diagnosing alledged medical conditions
over the internet, you're not qualified to do so, I realise you and
your friends probably like playing "doctors and nurses" but to play
doctor when not qualified to do so may get you in trouble.

Re: A Quesion for Sylvia Else (stun guns)

As effective a deterrent as it might be, I'm not _entirely_ convinced that the
appropriate punishment for alleged attempted petty theft is immediate death.

Whichever, I think it's safe to say that without the weapons it would be a far
less dangerous society.

Re: A Quesion for Sylvia Else (stun guns)

**Of course. Sylvia fails to do even basic research to justify her homicidal
needs. The rate of violent assault is very similar in most Western,
developed nations. Clearly, Western, developed nations are all approximately
as violent as each other. Yet the rate of homicide in the US vastly eclipses
that of any other Western, developed nation. Significantly, more than 60% of
all US homicides are gun shot related.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: A Quesion for Sylvia Else (stun guns)

Attempted armed robbery. I wouldn't call that petty theft. Criminals who
don't want to die at the hands of their intended victims shouldn't
threaten them with death. Unlike their chosen targets, they have a choice.

It would be it there were really no weapons. But what actually happens
is that the criminals have weapons, and law abiding citizens don't.

Sylvia.

Re: A Quesion for Sylvia Else (stun guns)

Given that some attempted or successful thefts also cause life long
injury to some people, I think it is fair.

Re: A Quesion for Sylvia Else (stun guns)

Have you ever been zapped by a Tesla coil? There's a burning sensation at
the contact point, but no electrocution feeling at all. The frequency is too
high to cause any muscular response.

Re: A Quesion for Sylvia Else (stun guns)

**Skin effect (literally). In large systems, however, there is a lot of
energy available. Sufficient to cause burns.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: A Quesion for Sylvia Else (stun guns)

  I worked on a unit that was designed for the dental market.  Operates at
1Mhz or so, had a square pad you get the patient to sit or lie down on.  The
probe on the other end does the work.

  Didn't appear to have HUGE amounts of juice by gauging on the size of the
transformer (~30mm bobbin), but did quite well.

  Designed to congeal blood or seal wounds/cuts/etc. Wasn't about to test the
thing on myself, but used a sausage instead.  Filled the kitchen with a burnt
smell, can only imagine how it would smell in a dental surgery...
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org

Re: A Quesion for Sylvia Else (stun guns)
I'm not sure why, but threads like this always remind me of the barf-o-rama
scene from Stand By Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STB4s7Qhf40

Dave.
Re: A Quesion for Sylvia Else (stun guns)

Complete better version for those playing along at home:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG2gjL-KUqw

Dave.