Re: 33 and 78 rpm: Possibly same needle ?

I bought one of those USB-turntables, that can easily transfer old

> records to computer files. >
**You will require an appropriate 78 RPM stylus for 78 RPM records. 33/45 RPM stylii are too small.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Thanks Trevor - that's exactly what I was thinking of writing. :-)

For the info of Don & others, Rockby Electronics flogs a little phono -> USB converter which looks like it would do a reasonable job, see

The price is $182 today but occasionally they put them on special for about $80.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

Only if you care about sound quality, noise and distortion, something the OP said he doesn't. (and obviously doesn't given what he bought) No need to worry about incorrect playback EQ in such cases either, you'll still get identifiable sound of some sort.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Field.y=7

Or simply buy a Behringer UCA-202 and PP-400, for the same (lower) price any day of the year. Even less if you get a discount.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

For God's sake buy a CD of it ! It will most likely have been properly transcribed.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Like the sound on Pathe newsreels.