Raspberry Pi EMC Testing’s done!

Good news! We just received confirmation that the Raspberry Pi has
passed EMC testing without requiring any hardware modifications.

Full Story:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/978

=========================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics: http://www.dontronics-shop.com /

Re: Raspberry Pi EMC Testing’s done!

Does anyone know under what conditions something like this device would be
tested??

Is code loaded to just o/p a test screen via the HDMI?
Are the o/p's loaded and cycled at different rates?
Are all peripherals & I/O exercised?

Re: Raspberry Pi EMC TestingÂ’s done!

 > Does anyone know under what conditions something like this device
 > would be tested??

 > Is code loaded to just o/p a test screen via the HDMI? Are the o/p's
 > loaded and cycled at different rates? Are all peripherals & I/O
 > exercised?

You could... try reading the link.

--
Chris
https://sites.google.com/site/libby8dev/fignition

Re: Raspberry Pi EMC TestingÂ's done!

Ummm yeah, I did 7 hence the question, it doesn't go into detail.

The board can be configured in almost an infinite number ways & will likely
be hooked up to other equipment. Last time I had to do a product vaguely
similar we "nominated" a typical configuration...

Also as an open board, what is used for the ESD discharge points? For the
closed / housed stuff I've been involved with I think it was pretty much
anywhere a finger could discharge onto.

Re: Raspberry Pi EMC Testing’s done!
These detail would be detailed in the lab's formal test report.

There are general test configuration requirements in the EMC
Directive, and CISPR16, 22, and 24 that would apply, but the
specific operational states would have to be rationalized in the
report.

47CFR15 has similar details

Re: Raspberry Pi EMC Testing’s done!
Thanks Brian. I guess the formal test report will not be available for us to
read. I was just interested in the practicalities of how they set the board
up. There seems to be plenty of scope for interpretation in some of the
tests.

Re: Raspberry Pi EMC Testing’s done!
showing some pictures of testing conditions:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/996