Radar Detector Multi-Band

http://ejayz.websitewizard.com/ModShop/ShowProduct/40590 /

Re: Radar Detector Multi-Band

$160 US, no name, probably get seized at customs - Blatant ad by
business owner.

I don't think so.

On Thu, 24 May 2007 12:08:35 +1000, "Your Store!"

Re: Radar Detector Multi-Band

Guess you can buy one, but I thought using a radar detector was illegal in Oz

Anyone?

Argusy

Re: Radar Detector Multi-Band

Illegal to even have one in your car

Cheers

Tony..

Re: Radar Detector Multi-Band

Not if you have a ham ticket and claim to have modified it

  in fact the police could be charged with interferring with a primary
service .

Re: Radar Detector Multi-Band

Oh, now THAT would be a good one to try.
$160.00?
I might buy one.
It would be an experiment to see if their radar systems are spattering our
frequencies. That would be winnable in a court, especially if it's modified

Argusy (AKA VK5CRC)

Re: Radar Detector Multi-Band

It would be interesting and I expect quite winable

Re: Radar Detector Multi-Band

I was told you can buy them in W.A. but not use them anywhere else in
Australia.

:-P

Re: Radar Detector Multi-Band

only if you get caugt

Re: Radar Detector Multi-Band

You will.
:-P

Re: Radar Detector Multi-Band

http://www.spectre-rdd.com/index.asp

I think it is cheaper to get caught speeding if you can afford to loose the
points.

Even cheaper to not speed.

:-P

Re: Radar Detector Multi-Band

wrong

Re: Radar Detector Multi-Band

AFAIK, the police radar detector detectors only pick up local oscillator
leakage from the RD.
A *well* designed RD will probably not be detectable at any useful distance,
but the cost of such units is pretty high I believe.
And after you spend a fortune and think you are safe, the unmarked patrol
cars will simply follow you anyway.

MrT.

Re: Radar Detector Multi-Band

The odds are very low , after all I hear there are only a couple of
detectors in my entire state .

Re: Radar Detector Multi-Band

distance,
patrol

And a lot more unmarked patrol cars.

MrT.

Re: Radar Detector Multi-Band

Not that it matters atm not enough bodies to fill em after 6pm
  in this area of several 100k people after 6pm two whole patrol cars
working

Re: Radar Detector Multi-Band

legal to buy and use in WA.
In WA highway cars use K band - on all the time, easy to detect.
police standing on side of road use laser - hard to detect at distance
during the daytime
stationary multinovas use Ka band, easy to detect but only up to a few
hundred metres. They are starting to use 2 multinovas back to back to catch
motorbikes.