Radar Detector Multi-Band

Your Store!

$160 US, no name, probably get seized at customs - Blatant ad by business owner.

I d>Radar Detector Multi-Band

Reply to
vbvbjzxvpopoi

Guess you can buy one, but I thought using a radar detector was illegal in Oz

Anyone?

Argusy

Reply to
Argusy

Illegal to even have one in your car

Cheers

Tony..

Reply to
Tony Leathem

Not if you have a ham ticket and claim to have modified it

in fact the police could be charged with interferring with a primary service .

Reply to
atec 7 7

I was told you can buy them in W.A. but not use them anywhere else in Australia.

:-P

Reply to
Peter

Oh, now THAT would be a good one to try. $160.00? I might buy one. It would be an experiment to see if their radar systems are spattering our frequencies. That would be winnable in a court, especially if it's modified

Argusy (AKA VK5CRC)

Reply to
Argusy

It would be interesting and I expect quite winable

Reply to
atec 7 7

only if you get caugt

Reply to
mark krawczuk

You will. :-P

Reply to
Peter

I think it is cheaper to get caught speeding if you can afford to loose the points.

Even cheaper to not speed.

:-P

Reply to
Peter

wrong

Reply to
atec 7 7

AFAIK, the police radar detector detectors only pick up local oscillator leakage from the RD. A *well* designed RD will probably not be detectable at any useful distance, but the cost of such units is pretty high I believe. And after you spend a fortune and think you are safe, the unmarked patrol cars will simply follow you anyway.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

The odds are very low , after all I hear there are only a couple of detectors in my entire state .

Reply to
atec 7 7

distance,

patrol

And a lot more unmarked patrol cars.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Not that it matters atm not enough bodies to fill em after 6pm in this area of several 100k people after 6pm two whole patrol cars working

Reply to
atec 7 7

Reply to
eddie