Question for Sylvia: Splitting AV output - Page 5

Re: Question for Sylvia: Splitting AV output

Exactly, they are far better for RF use than audio, so that's where you
usually find them.

Trevor.

Re: Question for Sylvia: Splitting AV output
ct is

That's self-contradictory, David. You're essentially saying that
loudspeakers aren't electronic devices.

Re: Question for Sylvia: Splitting AV output

Not at all. You should have learnt by now not to go after me in the area of
expression and comprehension.

Nope. I did not say that gold plating is very useful for _all_ connections in
_all_ electronic devices. I said that gold plating is very useful in
electronics, but I did not say to what extent.

Re: Question for Sylvia: Splitting AV output

With audio sockets on the rear panel of amplifiers it's totally
unnecessary since the connection is so tight when the cable is connected
there's no air space for oxidation to occur.

rgds,

Pete
Re: Question for Sylvia: Splitting AV output

Not necessarily, metal creep under pressure means screw clamps often loosen
over time.

Trevor.

Re: Question for Sylvia: Splitting AV output

**Like most over-simplifications, that is wrong.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Question for Sylvia: Splitting AV output

(would

I bought a cheap plasticy switch on eBay so The World's Finest
Grandson can connect his Wii when he visits without having to climb
behind the furniture. Seems to work without any problems.

--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Re: Question for Sylvia: Splitting AV output
video,
each)

Brad has summerised the issues, and I agree with him, except as far as
the audio is concerned. In my experience, audio inputs have a relatively
high impedance, and I would not expect the same problem.

Beware of creating ground loops.

Sylvia.

Re: Question for Sylvia: Splitting AV output

Probably better to ditch it altogether. For example, I don't want to have to
adjust brightness between the split source and other sources. It all sounds too
dodgy.

Re: Question for Sylvia: Splitting AV output
video,

each)

it's an analogue signal therefore there will be some loss of quality.
You won't blow anything up that wasn't already broken.

--
?? 100% natural

Site Timeline