Qantas Incident & laptops

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/qantas-plunge-laptop-link/2008/10/09/1223145494293.html

Yeah right, just like mobile phones ignite petrol pumps.

The funny thing is people will actually believe this rubbish.

Dave.

Re: Qantas Incident & laptops

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/qantas-plunge-laptop-link/2008/10/09/1223145494293.html

**Yep. It's hilarious. Qantas will use *any* excuse, other than admitting
that they've been using the cheapest maintenance possible for the last few
years. Just ask a Qantas pilot how they feel about the company. It's scary
stuff.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Qantas Incident & laptops
On Oct 9, 12:57 pm, "Trevor Wilson"

Looks like they are cutting back a bit on compensation too:
http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID77%&ContentID10%1817
I know someone who was on the Qantas flight a few years back that ran
off the end of the runway. They got a first class round-the-world
ticket as compensation, and for keeping quiet of course. Plus they got
a bonus slide down the inflatable stairways.

Dave.

Re: Qantas Incident & laptops

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/qantas-plunge-laptop-link/2008/10/09/1223145494293.html

And how will 'maintence' corrupt the FMC/FMS ?

Graham

Re: Qantas Incident & laptops
http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/qantas-plunge-laptop-link/2008/10/09/1223145494293.html
Another way to hide failures in maintenance

  since moving much of this offshore the problems have grown massively .
  Bring the crews back to Australia and see the problems disappear.

Re: Qantas Incident & laptops
http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/qantas-plunge-laptop-link/2008/10/09/1223145494293.html

So, all the armchair experts have decided, with absolutely no supporting
information, that the problem was caused by a maintenance failure.

What a lot of morons.  Go on - deny it.

Re: Qantas Incident & laptops

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/qantas-plunge-laptop-link/2008/10/09/1223145494293.html

**It's a fair bet. Qantas have cut corners WRT aircraft maintenance. Ask a
Qantas pilot. They'll tell how bad things are.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Qantas Incident & laptops
http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/qantas-plunge-laptop-link/2008/10/09/1223145494293.html

The wild speculation, so far, includes - pilot error, computer malfunction,
CAT, electronic interference from laptops being used by passengers,
maintenance failure.  The plane is apparently not damaged.  Some passengers
are, mainly because they didn't have their seat-belts fastened, or were hit
by un-seatbelted passengers.

Which of your three testicles will you bet on your guess in that fair bet?

Re: Qantas Incident & laptops

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/qantas-plunge-laptop-link/2008/10/09/1223145494293.html

Speculation now also includes atmospheric disruption due to the baby
asteroid that entered the atmosphere toward Africa.

Re: Qantas Incident & laptops
http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/qantas-plunge-laptop-link/2008/10/09/1223145494293.html

I'll start believing there's a real problem when the pilots start
wearing parachutes.

Re: Qantas Incident & laptops

Wouldn't help. They can't get out any faster than you can and plug doors in a
presurised cabin
won't open at any decent altitude.

Graham

Re: Qantas Incident & laptops

You know full well that this is not speculation, and that it was an alien
space-craft.

Re: Qantas Incident & laptops

    Did they finally come back for Phil? ;-)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Re: Qantas Incident & laptops

Why will they never learn ?

Graham

Re: Qantas Incident & laptops

Exactly!
The recommendation to fasten your seatbelt whilst seated is plainly printed
in the back of the tray tables in economy class.
It is also verbally communicated to passengers during the safety
demonstration before the flight takes off.  Most safety cards also have this
recommendation printed on them.

The mere fact that some passengers choose to ignore this advice doesn't
surprise me at all.
I take about 5 - 6  flights per month and no matter how often the point is
raised and even if the seatbelt light is illuminated, some fuckwits just
don't get the message.  This includes the situation where the aircraft has
landed and is still on the runway.  The seatbelt sign is still illuminated,
but the idiot fringe still insist on getting out of their seats, getting
hand luggage out of the overhead lockers and trying to make their way down
the aisle to the exit whilst the aircraft is still moving .  What macaroons!

When an incident occurs and these fuckwits get injured, they are the first
to go screaming to the media and getting on their mobile phones calling
their lawyers to arrange a compensation claim.

Safety procedures are in place to ensure the safety of ALL passengers and
crew on an aircraft.  It only takes a handful of people not prepared to
participate in applying those procedures to compromise the safety of others.

Re: Qantas Incident & laptops

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/qantas-plunge-laptop-link/2008/10/09/1223145494293.html

I know that but ordinary maintenance won't affect the integrity of the flight
computers. Hence
it's virtually a dead cert it's not that.

EMC is a REAL issue.

Graham

Re: Qantas Incident & laptops
computers. Hence

In theory, yes.
But isn't it strange then how millions of people use countless
different electronic items, including phones and notebooks on every
flight (how many thousands per day?), and AFAIK there hasn't been a
single incident proven to be related to use of electronic items by
passengers.

Dave.

Re: Qantas Incident & laptops

Pigs. That attitude seems to be behind a lot of crashes/mishaps, then they
invesigate and refine the maintenance schedule.

I'll chase EMC a millin years after I stop testing the flight computer
system. Ask anyone who used a computer proggie based on OO principles.

Re: Qantas Incident & laptops
http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/qantas-plunge-laptop-link/2008/10/09/1223145494293.html

I have often thought that one should be disabling, or switching off
wireless networks during flights. Mind you, I have never found a network
in flight.

Rumour file on 3AW today, Qantas will be collecting electronic items
before all flights. I doubt that they could do that, may be more
practical to disallow use of these items during flights.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Qantas Incident & laptops