PVDF Cable in Aus?

Where in Aus can I find something called PVDF Cable as described in this
web page?

http://www.liutaiomottola.com/PrevPubs/Piezo/CoaxTransducer.htm

Preferably somewhere around Adelaide.

I need it for making an instrument pickup. Not a guitar pickup, as
described in the article, but a much smaller instrument  (a mandolin).

Re: PVDF Cable in Aus?

It appears as though a normal teflon insulator small diameter coax would
suffice... I suggest you explain your need to your local coax supplier.

Re: PVDF Cable in Aus?

No it is not ordinary coax.

Try this link to the company that makes it.

http://www.meas-spec.com/myMeas/default/index.asp
--
John G

Wot's Your Real Problem?

Re: PVDF Cable in Aus?

  Didnt say it was , but then you did not read and understand what I said,

Notice I mentioned teflon , now have a think about why ..

Re: PVDF Cable in Aus?

The link I provided now does not seem to work even though I cut and
pasted it.
this one works I hope.
http://www.meas-spec.com/myMeas/sensors/piezo.asp

You did say you thought NORMAL coax would work.
Can you please explain what I missed about teflon?
--
John G

Wot's Your Real Problem?

Re: PVDF Cable in Aus?

Just trust to ask for teflon based insulator...

Re: PVDF Cable in Aus?

Do you really understand the problem?
Did you read the original reference?

The OP needs a "cable" that generates a voltage when it is deformed by
the music and then this active cable is connected by normal cable out to
an amplifier etc.

Saying "Just trust to ask for teflon based insulator..." doesnt really
tell me anything.
Are you saying teflon generate signals when deformed?

Please explain what you are trying to get me to guess.

I only entered this discussion when you said "Normal" coax would do the
job but so far you have not provided ant evidence to show that is true.
--
John G

Wot's Your Real Problem?

Re: PVDF Cable in Aus?

Just make sure you get the teflon insulator.

It won't stick to the pan.

Cheers,

Andy.  (The other Andy.)

Re: PVDF Cable in Aus?

Eggsactly

Re: PVDF Cable in Aus?

as I read it piezoelectric coax is needed.

--

Bye.
   Jasen

Site Timeline