Proposed ban on LCD and Plasma screens ? - Page 4

Re: Proposed ban on LCD and Plasma screens ?

finger to keyboard and composed:

I can't imagine ever reverting to a CRT display for my PC, if only for
ergonomic reasons. An LCD monitor places *much* less strain on my eyes
than any CRT ever did.

Instead I'd like to see the public service lead by example and switch
to less power hungry CPUs, eg VIA C3 CPU (20 watts max at 1.4GHz)
instead of AMD64 or Intel Core 2 Duo. I suspect that an energy audit
of our various government bodies would reveal enough energy savings to
decommision an entire power plant.

- Franc Zabkar