Prongy flooding group again as predicted

approximately 30 posts/Hr so far between 1445 and 1545

Reply to
Brandon D Cartwright

The bot flooded via Prongy's ISP. NO doubt about it !

Let him try to worm his way out of this!

Dear Cox web space user:

If you upload files or host a website at Cox, please be advised: Visit us at Suddenlink.net to register for a new Suddenlink.net account You will be given the opportunity to create a new URL where you can upload your files and repost your website (see below) Your new web space allocation will be 250 MB

Once you have created a home page and you want to post it, you can upload it by following the steps listed below. Note: Before uploading your home page, make sure its file name is index.htm. The uploaded page will appear at http:///index.htm. Launch your FTP application, wait for the FTP prompt. Type open , press Return or Enter. ( stands for the site name or IP address of the site that will host your home page). Type your user name when asked for login name, then press Return or Enter. Type your password when asked for password, then press Return or Enter. Type cd /web, press Return or Enter. This takes you to the directory for your site home page. Type put /index.htm, press Return or Enter. This uploads the file. ( stands for the directory location of your home page file on your local disk, and index.htm should be the actual name of the file containing your Home page.) Type quit, then press Return or Enter. This terminates the file transfer session. Done!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your loyalty and we bring you these new services at Suddenlink.net!

Sincerely,

Suddenlink Communications

Is Suddenlink going to continue supporting News Groups? We are pleased to announce that Cox subscribers will see no change to their News Group service. Charter and Cebridge customers will receive instructions in the upcoming months regarding the improvements to their current service.

Reply to
Brandon D Cartwright

Its pretty easy to filter if one knows which host these messges are being injected into. Just put them into the blacklist.

Yeah, but you're taking the universe out of context.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I saw one pretty big nonsense flood several days ago, a few hundred in a cluster, and none since. I use Supernews, and they must be cleaning up the litter for me.

John