Prongy flooding group again as predicted

approximately 30 posts/Hr so far
between 1445 and 1545

Re: Prongy flooding group again as predicted

The bot flooded via Prongy's ISP.
NO doubt about it !

Let him try to worm his way out of this!

https://account.suddenlink.net/selfcare /

Dear Cox web space user:

If you upload files or host a website at Cox, please be advised:
Visit us at Suddenlink.net to register for a new Suddenlink.net
account
You will be given the opportunity to create a new URL where you can
upload your files and repost your website (see below)
Your new web space allocation will be 250 MB

Once you have created a home page and you want to post it, you can
upload it by following the steps listed below.
Note: Before uploading your home page, make sure its file name is
index.htm. The uploaded page will appear at
http://<your.vanity.domain>/index.htm.
Launch your FTP application, wait for the FTP prompt.
Type open <hostname>, press Return or Enter. (<hostname> stands for
the site name or IP address of the site that will host your home
page).
Type your user name when asked for login name, then press Return or
Enter.
Type your password when asked for password, then press Return or
Enter.
Type cd /web, press Return or Enter. This takes you to the directory
for your site home page.
Type put <path>/index.htm, press Return or Enter. This uploads the
file.
(<path> stands for the directory location of your home page file on
your local disk, and index.htm should be the actual name of the file
containing your Home page.)
Type quit, then press Return or Enter. This terminates the file
transfer session.
Done!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your
loyalty and we bring you these new services at
Suddenlink.net!

Sincerely,

Suddenlink Communications
www.Suddenlink.net

Is Suddenlink going to continue supporting News Groups?

We are pleased to announce that Cox subscribers will see no change to
their News Group service. Charter and Cebridge customers will receive
instructions in the upcoming months regarding the improvements to
their current service.

Re: Prongy flooding group again as predicted

Its pretty easy to filter if one knows which host these messges are
being injected into. Just put them into the blacklist.

--
Paul Hovnanian     mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com
Re: Prongy flooding group again as predicted

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 15:49:45 -0700, Brandon D Cartwright

I saw one pretty big nonsense flood several days ago, a few hundred in
a cluster, and none since. I use Supernews, and they must be cleaning
up the litter for me.

John

Site Timeline